RenCorner Network

Permissions for donators on the forum

faction

I've been wondering where the edit button is on my posts... because I can't seem to find it. Either I'm blind or we can't edit posts. Are donators set to edit posts? I understand there's a time limit before you can edit your post.. but I've posted and tried to see if I can edit, but no button appears.

Also I think the rule that editing posts in a limit of 30 minutes is pretty ridiculous, considering you can see a log of what another member has edited in his post.

• Like 1

You get 30 minutes to edit your post, after that you can't.

I realize that. That's why I included it in the post haha. I was just saying that the rule is dumb... and it should be changed. And that I can't edit my posts even a second after I post it.

The edit button is hidden until you move your cursor over your post, then it will be underneath your signature.

Also this may be because I'm a mod and I can edit other ppl's posts, but I dont think theres a time limit to edit... 

It's never been set that way, and as I look at the permissions it still isn't. Keep on complaining about a rule for a permission Donators never had, it's kind of interesting. Carry on.

It's never been set that way, and as I look at the permissions it still isn't. Keep on complaining about a rule for a permission Donators never had, it's kind of interesting. Carry on.

Then something is wrong, since I can't edit my posts at all. Once I post I hover over my post and check if there's an edit button, and there isn't.

Then something is wrong, since I can't edit my posts at all. Once I post I hover over my post and check if there's an edit button, and there isn't.

I get the same thing but then again I can't edit anything at all, even my own profile XD

• Like 1

I get the same thing but then again I can't edit anything at all, even my own profile XD

Shai edited your settings to stop you playing with yourself all the time.

;)

Gumby

• Like 3

Really? Because it's my rule.

Ya, I mean if a donator fails badly at a post they either gotta re-post below, or make a new one XD

If the rule won't get changed it should be extended to an hour or two, I mean where would we be without donators? :3

mwWPsDU.png

you dont see it there?

Server Mods can edit most of the time/always, donators have a time before they can't (edit button vanishes after)

I just told you guys that permission has never been there, not on the 5+ forums we've used over the years.

I can add it tonight after work, but I do like Rob's idea of 30 minutes, may bump it to an hour.

Try changing the theme, i suggest vintage RC.

That didn't work.

I just told you guys that permission has never been there, not on the 5+ forums we've used over the years.

I can add it tonight after work, but I do like Rob's idea of 30 minutes, may bump it to an hour.

I wasn't sure what you were referring to, your post was unclear. Someone told me on the chatbox that I can't edit my posts after 30 minutes so that's why I assumed it was a rule. But thanks if you do add it.

Doesn't get more clear than: "Keep on complaining about a rule for a permission Donators never had, it's kind of interesting."

Doesn't get more clear than: "Keep on complaining about a rule for a permission Donators never had, it's kind of interesting."

Well you could've worded it a bit nicer lol. I was just trying to give a suggestion.. didn't know that permissions actually weren't set for us. After re-reading it I admit my mistake though! I perceived it as you talking about the edit timer exclusively.

Donators can now edit their posts up to 1 hour. I edited a bunch of other items you may never even notice, and if there's no whining about the 1 hour thing, you'll keep those as well. Shoutbox one I don't want to touch atm, so don't ask.

• Like 1

Donators can now edit their posts up to 1 hour. I edited a bunch of other items you may never even notice, and if there's no whining about the 1 hour thing, you'll keep those as well. Shoutbox one I don't want to touch atm, so don't ask.

Good stuff. Thanks. I noticed we can delete our posts too. Appreciate it. edit: Maybe in the future for the shoutbox. :-)

Edited by faction