RenCorner Network

Incompetent Moderation

shoverencirch

Posted (edited)

Hello, 

I have many questions and complaints about moderator 'name_is_mud'.

To start he was caught refunding himself immediately after losing his medium tank wide open using command shown in attached screenshot and buying another one like it's no big deal. I watched with my own eyes him clearly losing the med and refunding it. No he didn't switch teams, no he has no reason whatsoever to refund himself for losing a med tank in-game and it was outright mod abuse. The fact that he has done this proves my speculation I've had of him constantly using moderator commands behind the backs of regular players to simply win a game. It's not the only time I've caught him doing this. He's also been caught disarming c4s of others using !disarm. It's highly disappointing.

Secondly, I was banned twice by this mod already for the smallest things. One for AFK, two for a ledge beacon. First one was ridiculous as I wasn't AFK and just not playing the way he wanted me to play then without PMing or anything I get a BAN? Surely you can't just ban players for not doing what you say in-game. Yes, it's true. Secondly I wasn't aware of the ledge beacon rule and he could've disarmed it before it went off or something else than going to the extent of banning a player without any sort of communication. Please let me know how we can get this resolved soon as I am still banned currently.

To conclude this message, I find this mod unsuitable for his current standing for his highly uncontrollable, power-trip emotional reactions - banning, kicking, muting players left and right without discussing with them in a private message or a simple warning if it needed be. This game is nearly extinct and having someone incompetent of something as simple as moderating a server is going to kill it faster. If you guys want this game to live on with a great community then give people who have the necessary emotional control to perform moderation appropriately. I understand the server needs mods who take action for real reasons, but taking action the right way is the difference. This is not the right way. I also see he is a contributor, does this allow him to do these things? What does this community care more about? An amazing community that can last or a group of "contributors" and a dead game with no longer any players?

Mod Abuse Mud.png

Edited by shoverencirch
Addition

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, shoverencirch said:

Hello, 

I have many questions and complaints about moderator 'name_is_mud'.

To start he was caught refunding himself immediately after losing his medium tank wide open using command shown in attached screenshot and buying another one like it's no big deal. I watched with my own eyes him clearly losing the med and refunding it. No he didn't switch teams, no he has no reason whatsoever to refund himself for losing a med tank in-game and it was outright mod abuse. The fact that he has done this proves my speculation I've had of him constantly using moderator commands behind the backs of regular players to simply win a game. It's not the only time I've caught him doing this. He's also been caught disarming c4s of others using !disarm. It's highly disappointing.

Secondly, I was banned twice by this mod already for the smallest things. One for AFK, two for a ledge beacon. First one was ridiculous as I wasn't AFK and just not playing the way he wanted me to play then without PMing or anything I get a BAN? Surely you can't just ban players for not doing what you say in-game. Yes, it's true. Secondly I wasn't aware of the ledge beacon rule and he could've disarmed it before it went off or something else than going to the extent of banning a player without any sort of communication. Please let me know how we can get this resolved soon as I am still banned currently.

To conclude this message, I find this mod unsuitable for his current standing for his highly uncontrollable, power-trip emotional reactions - banning, kicking, muting players left and right without discussing with them in a private message or a simple warning if it needed be. This game is nearly extinct and having someone incompetent of something as simple as moderating a server is going to kill it faster. If you guys want this game to live on with a great community then give people who have the necessary emotional control to perform moderation appropriately. I understand the server needs mods who take action for real reasons, but taking action the right way is the difference. This is not the right way. I also see he is a contributor, does this allow him to do these things? What does this community care more about? An amazing community that can last or a group of "contributors" and a dead game with no longer any players?

Mod Abuse Mud.png

Not reading all that. You join matches and purposefully go AFK and rejoin as soon as I kick you, you've been muted for being toxic, and today you did a ledge beacon on glacier_flying which is against the rules. This is also 2025, the player that caused that whole drama with April and I when I couldn't figure out who was spamming "!teams" in chat. We discovered you were PMing it to yourself which I couldn't see. You are a troll, play right or stay out.

Edited by nameismud
edit

This post isn't for you to reply to. It's for everyone else to reply to and everyone else to see.

What is this like the regular monthly complaint about name_is_muds mod abuse? The power is in the numbers.

Also no one should be bringing up past nicknames, that's irrelevant to the topic and an invasion of privacy. 

This is ridiculous and you don't need to be replying to this thread about you at all as you have nothing constructive to say. 

Just now, shoverencirch said:

This post isn't for you to reply to. It's for everyone else to reply to and everyone else to see.

What is this like the regular monthly complaint about name_is_muds mod abuse? The power is in the numbers.

Also no one should be bringing up past nicknames, that's irrelevant to the topic and an invasion of privacy. 

This is ridiculous and you don't need to be replying to this thread about you at all as you have nothing constructive to say. 

For the people to see? Well they don't even know who you are since you change your nicks. I'll help, TheModernRecession, 2025, Ali, derous, shinzoabe,myanacondont and probably many more.

Mud; this particular refund was questionable, they are not meant for that. Which, is why I had refunds set so the public can see them(keep us all on the up and up). 

All of the other uses I've seen you use were correct choices. Frankly, I applaud the ones I seen you using to make the small games happen(aka getting more people).

Ali; we do not do what you suggest when it comes to money. In the past I've demoted, banned, and refunded all of their donations(myself + RC). There may be some weight towards giving the benefit of the doubt, but that is not true in the slightest.

As for ledge beacons; most people may not remember the rules(new mods), but in this instance Mud asked myself and Manuel, and re-read the rules. Even I'd forgotten we banned it on all but one map(allowed in 2 places). That rule used to be allowed on flying maps, back then.

4 minutes ago, shaitan said:

Mud; this particular refund was questionable, they are not meant for that. Which, is why I had refunds set so the public can see them(keep us all on the up and up). 

All of the other uses I've seen you use were correct choices. Frankly, I applaud the ones I seen you using to make the small games happen(aka getting more people).

Ali; we do not do what you suggest when it comes to money. In the past I've demoted, banned, and refunded all of their donations(myself + RC). There may be some weight towards giving the benefit of the doubt, but that is not true in the slightest.

As for ledge beacons; most people may not remember the rules(new mods), but in this instance Mud asked myself and Manuel, and re-read the rules. Even I'd forgotten we banned it on all but one map(allowed in 2 places). That rule used to be allowed on flying maps, back then.

I can't even remember what this refund was for. But generally I do not abuse that command, I'm sure I've done questionable things with it,  but I'm not actively trying to benefit my game with that command. This guy is just adding fuel to a fire to make me look bad. 2025, modernrecession, whoever you are. You are not permanently banned. This ban is for 48 hour since your last one was for 24. I'll add onto the more you continue to troll.

I appreciate you acknowledging the misuse of the refund command mentioned, Shai. Though out of respect for Rencorner and the entire community I believe he should be stripped or at the very least demoted from his moderator role.

I'm not suggesting it be indefinitely as I believe people can change, though without any consequence why would he change? What's stopping him from continuing? 

I believe there should be more steps towards mods when it comes to these types of things to decrease the likelihood of repetition.

To add on why he needs at least some time stripped from his moderation role or some sort of disciplinary action towards him - is in less than a year 'name_is_mud' has THREE threads on him already on mod abusing powers. (Attached below).

Please consider this, 
Thanks.

Honestly, I don't see the issue with mud. I've never had a problem with him in all of my games. Maybe if you follow the rules like most of us do, you won't have bad experiences. Mud is a very respectful person in game and doesn't abuse his admin, and is the most active that I've seen. Stop giving him so much hate because he's not letting you guys be rampant assholes and ruin the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2022 at 2:54 PM, shoverencirch said:

It's actually the opposite, it's up to HIM to answer your complaint and not the whole player base. This isn't a public trial... as you otherwise try to make it seem by using other treads as examples to make your case more valid. Aside from the one questionnable refund, he answered pretty well to why he kicked you in the first place.

Out of respect for Rencorner and the entire community, stop being a drama queen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Vultima said:

send him to the gulag chaps

what was the thing u or mass used to say about mdk?

Send him to the ranch 😂

Edited by AprilWar