RenCorner Network

TempMod/Helper application. I personally wish TempMod.

Stefik

1. What is your real name?

Marek Štefanides

2. What is your main character’s in-game name?

V.I.P. Account name: Marek_Stefik

Main Character's name: [c/ee82ee:SteFiQ]

3. How often do you play and how long have you been on our servers?

Well it should be 4 weeks now, when it's possible I play ever day. Mostly I play when it's 18:00 UTC or later. Sometimes much earlier, but that 18:00 UTC and later is the Time when I play mostly and every day when it's possible.

4. How old are you?

21 in 2 weeks

5. Why do you want a staff position?

I was trying to help people since I joined. I can speak English and understand pretty much some other languages like Russian, Ukrainian, Czech, Slovak, little bit Polish, German. When I don't understand just a part of sentence, Translator helps of course. I wanna be useful and not just as some V.I.P. player. And how the automated message describes TempMod work in Terraria server and asks like "is it you? Then apply at rencorner.com" I was like: "Yeah, that is exactly what I'd like to do." When someone spams chat, I can just watch and try to stop that person just by typing. When I met griefer I could just type, Item spam? Again, Type or well, I can come with new character to take the stuff. I wanted to be one of the people who makes server safe. 

6. What is your history with moderating and/or administrating Terraria servers?

Well I was always just user or had some rank on server. Only server where I was staying and liked to stay, where I can apply for a staff position is Rencorner Terraria Server.

7. What is your understanding of the responsibilities of Helper/TempMod?

I'm not really sure how to understand this question, but I'll try to answer. Well, Helper/TempMod should help to players and staff, answer any questions, requests for help. I already did some of those even as normal user. If staff member needs help, you have to be there for that person, any player has questions? You answer them. Griefer does trouble? You are there to stop him, warn him and if necessary, give griefer rank (But I'm not sure what are permissions of TempMod/Helper). You clean place from item spammers, mute for a while chat spammers if they ignored your multiple attempts to tell them to stop. Of course patience is required and always good choice of words and language too. I guess I've said it all, I hope so. Simply, your work is to be Supervising server, Helping to Staff and Players, Having Patience.

8. On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least), how knowledgeable are you with Internet Relay Chat and mIRC.exe? (Do you know what /cs is? How to voice someone? What /ns stands for? Etc. If you put anything above a 7, we expect you to know almost everything about Internet Relay Chat. 

I'd say 2-4, can't really say for sure. (It can be more or even much more, I used chann for that chat in discord to be able to speak to people on server while not being in game. I may know more, but I can't be sure about that. I checked what mIRC.exe is and that makes me want to download it, so I can also gain experience with that. I like to learn some new things.

/cs (Chan Serv Commands)

/ns (Nick Serv Commands)

I found some command list, I'm up to learn more about mIRC, so I can make my knowledge better and better. If some specific information will be needed to be learnt, just tell me what to learn and I'll do my best to accomplish that assignment.

9. How long have you been playing Terraria?

Since 2019

10. Have you ever been banned on a server before? If so, why?

I didn't think it will be here as a question, I thought I'll write it under some question by myself. Well, I was. It definitely doesn't really sound good, specially when someone like that wants to apply for staff position. But I wanted to tell everything and be honest so I wanted to mention it by myself. It was weeks ago, for some unknown reason I had stupid idea to try to use godmode in Multiplayer Survival, one of modes on server. It wasn't used for long, one day I tried it, I wasn't planning to use it often, I just wanted to experience the easy Survival there. So I got banned. What a stupid idea it was, I know.

11. Name four of our server rules and explain why they're important

I won't write it exactly how it's written, but on server shouldn't be done griefing (trying to break blocks in areas where you aren't supposed to, destroying other players' houses, generally causing any trouble.

No item spamming. Items shouldn't be dropped all over the place, some People for some reason drops all offer the spawn are trasure bags, weapons, etc. That's what shouldn't be done.

No chat spamming. It'll make staff mute you if you'll ignore warnings. Some people like for some reason to spam chat with one word or sentence, that's what shouldn't be done.

No using /fart <Player Name> on Terraria staff

Asking fellow players' real life location is forbidden.

AFK farming for server money is forbidden.

Using inappropriate speech is forbidden.

Advertising is forbidden if I'm right.

Etc.

12. What would you do if there was a situation you could not handle?

I'd do my best to handle it, in case that another staff member is on server, I'd ask for help, if there's nobody, I'd open discord to ask for help or tip.

13. Your best friend joins our server and begins hacking, what do you do?

When you are staff, you have to ignore the fact that it's friend, because it's player who's hacking, that's not allowed. You ask him to stop, warn him and if necessary give griefer rank/kick/ban. Depends on situation. Ban is the last choice when there was nothing else to do.

14. Another player you dislike says something that bothers or annoys you, how do you react?

You don't. When you're staff, you can't react against someone, when it's just some personal thing. You warn people who has inappropriate name, using inappropriate words, but when someone you don't like says something you don't like, you can just normally talk about that as normal players. That's the only way. If you don't agree on something, you have to ignore it, if it's not against rules.

15. What would you say is your biggest strength? Your greatest weakness?

Well, I'd say my strength is patience, ability to stay calm in most of situations. When I decide that I'll be calm and I won't let anyone make me upset, I simply won't be upset and I'll stay calm. It goes hand by hand together, My Patience and ability to stay Calm.

Weakness? Well, I have to think about that.

16. A man’s wife is very sick and needs special medicine to survive. The only pharmacy to have the medicine is charging a ridiculously high price for it, which the man cannot afford. Is it okay for the man to steal the medicine? Why or why not?

Well, stealing is bad, of course, but when person has really good reason, in meaning of being purely good, it makes stealing not so bad. Yes, man would STEAL it, but to save someone's life. And life is most precious thing we all have. I'd say it's not okay, but it's necessary. Situation required that action. Actually if the owner of pharmacy would be a nice person, he could have a chat with a man and they could agree on repayment of medicine for example like sending monthly some money from man's salary. Wise people can solve things together by talking to each other and making agreement.

17. What sets you apart from other players and staff applicants? Answer in at least 20 words.

Well, that sounds to me a bit like "what makes u better than others" in that case I'm not better, just patient and calm.

And that's kinda what sets me apart of many people. I like helping to people, finding the best and most simple solution of troubling situations, because really often the most simple solution is also the best solution.  But nothing else I guess, since people are equal to each other, I wouldn't say it "sets me apart".

I didn't check other applicants' applications, I wanted to make my application entirely filled by my own words, ideas and understanding. That's why I didn't want to read other people's work.

I can check it but it'll be just now, this question is my last question answered, I answered questions above and below first.

I checked like 2-3 other people's application and well, maybe age sets me a bit apart, that's all. I can't really say if I'm wiser or something, I can only for sure say I'm older and that's not any kind of "skill".

18. You are driving past a small bus stop with 3 people sitting there. You are in a car with room for only one person, even if you try to cram people in to the car. As you slow down to see if you can help, you see three people. An elderly woman, who says she needs to go to a hospital nearby but cannot afford an ambulance; A very old and dear friend of yours (who you owe a big favor) who needs to get to a business meeting in the next 30 minutes, and the most attractive mate you've ever seen, who looks at you, and it's love at first sight. Who do you help, and why? 

Going for attractive one I'd call kinda stupid, other 2 people needs help, choosing attractive one is just selfish.

Since there's an elderly woman, who's the only one who needs actual help. The woman is of course the choice. It even escalates when you see that information. Woman, Elderly Woman, Elderly Woman who needs to get to hospital.

Friend can understand the choice, yes of course I'm in position in person who owe a big favour, but it's the friend, he can have understanding, 30 minutes is pretty much time and business meeting isn't as important as needing to get to hospital, specially when the person who needs it is elder woman.

19. What is your discord tag/handle? [Example: Username#1234. This is a requirement for all Terraria Staff.]

MarekStefik_CZ / SteFiQ#2647

20. Anything else you would like to add?

Here I'd mention my ban, what I mentioned before. But since it was one of the questions, it's unnecessary to say it here. I can maybe just say again about my ability to understand quite fine the Russian, Ukrainian and other Cyrillic Alphabet using languages. I have a pretty good English. I perfectly understand Czech and Slovak. I can understand quite fine Polish and can better understand German.

When I have to answer Cyrillic Alphabet using languages I gotta use my "creativity" or translator, same with polish. In other languages I can normally answer. Only German causes me sometimes a little bit of trouble because I was leaning it for years but since I didn't needed to use that or check vocabulary. But I still can use it.

I hope I answered all the questions correctly and didn't forget to mention anything. If there is a Chance to become Staff, I wish to be TempMod. Since I can't get higher position by application. For some Reason I thought it'll be good to say it here.

Thank you for applying/showing interest in applying to the RCTerraria staff team. Your application is currently under review, and it will take 1-2 months to process. Until then play actively and be on your best behavior. 

:llama:

Hello Marek, regarding your application, we would like you to finish/edit questions: 11 (give reasons as to why all the listed rules are important and integral to the server), and 15 (now that you've had time to think about it). You can either edit your post or reply here directly. Until then, your application will be put on hold. 

We look forward to hearing from you!

~ Skilz / Disc

11. Name four of our server rules and explain why they're important

I won't write it exactly how it's written, but on server shouldn't be done griefing (trying to break blocks in areas where you aren't supposed to, destroying other players' houses, generally causing any trouble. If griefing would be allowed, entire world would be made of broken structures.

No item spamming. Items shouldn't be dropped all over the place, some People for some reason drops all offer the spawn are trasure bags, weapons, etc. That's what shouldn't be done.

When you join, you instantly have full inventory of some stuff you didn't want, it's annoying, when player wants to give something to another player, it's impossible when someone spammed items for example around spawn. I guess it can also make a game laggy for people with weaker devices.

No chat spamming. It'll make staff mute you if you'll ignore warnings. Some people like for some reason to spam chat with one word or sentence, that's what shouldn't be done.

They make it hard to communicate in chat to other players, sometimes even impossible. When you send message, it immediately falls down under all the spam messages.

No using /fart <Player Name> on Terraria staff.

It's disrespectful, prospective some kind of offense against staff.

Asking fellow players' real life location is forbidden.

Location is kind of personal information, that shouldn't be given to people, you shouldn't try to get it by asking for it.

AFK farming for server money is forbidden.

Well, server will after few mins of inactivity give you afk status, so it won't work. You shouldn't do that because if everyone would, server would be just dead place, full of AFK farmers.

Since you get gold for being on a server some specific time, you should earn it, not just be afk. You can find yourself some activity, you can talk to other people and you will generally more enjoy the time you spend on server.

Using inappropriate speech is forbidden.

It's misbehaviour, rude and also kids are playing on the server and they shouldn't meet with bad speech. For everyone it's unpleasant to see inappropriate speech, it's wrong to use that.

Advertising is forbidden if I'm right.

You are playing on Rencorner Server, so it doesn't even make sense. Advertising another server on Rencorner Server/Discord is like coming to the shop and telling all the customers to leave and go to different one. It's bad. Technically it's making server less active.

Etc.

15. What would you say is your biggest strength? Your greatest weakness?

Well, I'd say my strength is patience, ability to stay calm in most of situations. When I decide that I'll be calm and I won't let anyone make me upset, I simply won't be upset and I'll stay calm. It goes hand by hand together, My Patience and ability to stay Calm.

Weakness? Well, maybe my memory, I often forget something and later I have hard time remembering it. But it's getting better, I'm remembering things faster but I thinks it's still my weakness and the only thing that comes to my mind when I'm asked what's my weakness.

I wanted wanted to edit my application, but didn't find the way, so I'm sending it as reply. I hope I've finished everything correctly. Thank you for your instructions.