pmac1922

Factions 1.9 update

39 posts in this topic

So as it stands right now factions 1.9 update is not working for people. So I would like to see what you all want. For 1.9 we are resetting the map, mainly because a fresh start is good for all the servers, and plugin issues could be bad.

This means there will be a new spawn, new shop with all mostly all the items in the shop, spawner shop, rules are going to stay the same as it is now on the factions update.

Now for the help I need from you guys. I have a question on which do you think we should reset and update as soon as the plugin for factions is stable and the plugins that we need for it(could be a couple of weeks at the latest), or should we wait till later on in the updates and leave it as it is.

So there is a poll please leave your feedback and vote on what to do. This will be up for 3-4 days so please participate if you play or want to play factions.

4 people like this

i think we should wait until later on in the updates

There is excitement with 1.9 just look at survival.  We have good participation in factions, but since 1.9 survival, the actions seems to have migrated there.  My feeling is to get factions up asap, But, I also think we don't want to rush the plugins.  So if we have a stable platform, I say bring it up and let's get it populated.  As we are doing in survival, we can add plugins.  Let the kids play...

Joe

well I have a surprise for you all if we update I have a plugin that will disable the pvp cooldown so the pvp will be like 1.8

1 person likes this

and I agree joe with no other factions server updated it will be a jump on the updates we may get a lotmore players

22 hours ago, pmac1922 said:

and I agree joe with no other factions server updated it will be a jump on the updates we may get a lotmore players

*welp* i would love more players on factions :D

but the base's and everything, i think we can all agree me, pmac and keen are the only ones who frequent factions enough to build good bases, any chance of these being copied?

Maybe atleast keeping inventories from world to world so we can choose a limited amount of precious items to save

23 hours ago, pmac1922 said:

well I have a surprise for you all if we update I have a plugin that will disable the pvp cooldown so the pvp will be like 1.8

I'm not sure that is a good idea. The point to updating factions next is let players try out the new combat

i agree no plugin to disable cooldown, i think the new 1.9 combat is more realistic

a lot of people don't want this plugin in so I'm gonna leave it out

ill think about it hedge not sure if we will but ill think about it

4 hours ago, pmac1922 said:

ill think about it hedge not sure if we will but ill think about it

Fair enough

Players have kitpvp and Minigames for 1.9 combat though

In my opinion factions is about raiding and base building

But anything that helps get new players i guess :D

(Id love to slay them by the dozen if i bother getting another god set)

in a weird way the factions plugin seems to not have the cooldown I reset my whole server and tested it again with only factions and even reset the files and it has no cooldown..... hmmmm interesting

8 minutes ago, pmac1922 said:

in a weird way the factions plugin seems to not have the cooldown I reset my whole server and tested it again with only factions and even reset the files and it has no cooldown..... hmmmm interesting

that big factions server Keen was showing us, um, I dont have my server list avialable right now, is claiming to be 1.9

you could check them out and see how it works

As of the end of this week near the weekend we will be updating and resetting factions for the 1.9 update. I would also like to bring to you attention that we are starting off new, and the only compensation for the short time in factions since the last reset will be a starter kit, it will have 5 stacks of obsidian for your base, and will only be available for the first week. Same rules will apply like the week grace period before raiding will be enabled but chests will be abled to be open by everyone, so make sure you don't have a hole in your base. I will be working on a new spawn so if I don't finish in time ill be using the same spawn for the time being. mcmmo will be reset as well for a fresh start to factions, the plugin was updated to 1.9 as of 2 hours ago(what a coincidence). Also I will be putting in new plugins for you guys when they are updated so keep an eye out for the factions update post.

So if your into factions come into the server on the weekend and get your starter kit so you don't loose out of the 5 stacks of obsidian!

Also thanks for the votes everyone that voted I'm hoping that you will have fun with the update! 

the new combat is weird in factions 1.9 it seems like it has cooldown but doesn't at the same time

Hope this gets alot more players on ren :D

it should since there is only a couple of servers that are actually 1.9 most are you can join in 1.9 but its still 1.8

Factions has been updated and released tonight :D don't forget the kit iron the obsidian will be gone in 7 days

1 person likes this

Just to renew my compliments before a bug report: Absolutely smashing spawn design and plugin selection, well done :).

Some quite major bugs with the nether and end portals, however - presumably a conflict between Multiverse/RTP. My nether portal leads me about 2000 blocks from where it should (Overworld coordinates divided by 8, except for y, which remains the same). First it teleports to the right location for about 1 second then teles you again to this new location.

The end portal teleports me to mid-air at the end city and I had to place water to survive. Again, it puts you on the obsidian platform where you should be tped to for about 1 second and then relocates you to where I described.

I think disabling the RTP in the End and Nether would be a good idea, just to see if that stops the issue. Wait for pmac to respond though, he may have an idea.

rtp doesn't work atm but there was issues when we started the map after some tweaks were made world moved for some reason so that might be the issue ill see if I can fix it  though for you