Madara

Staff Ranks and Responsibilities

13 posts in this topic

Temp-Mod

Temp is a probationary position.  You don't have to do much beyond play the game and keep an eye on things. Just because you don't have many commands, don't think you aren't helping.   When you are friendly and greet people, and even stop what you are doing to play what some new folks want, you are building our community.  This is critical -- without players we don't have squat.   You can kick and temp-mute, but we mostly don't expect you do this -- watch and learn from the more experienced staff.  In a pinch, if you are the only one around and things are getting out of hand you can and should take action.  Take screenshots or keep logs and report what happened and what you did about it to your sponsor or another staff member as soon as you can.

Half-Mod

Half is still a training position and doesn't include new powers to speak of but you are considered part of the staff and have access to the Moderator section of the forums. If you have to take any disciplinary action you are expected to post there following the format.  Keep doing all the great stuff you did when you were a Temp and help guide the new Temps as the come along.

Mod

Full Moderators have in-game privileges to sort out player disputes, discover, and rollback griefing, help players recover from server glitches, and enforce the rules for player behavior. You are expected to play the game fairly, not using creative mode to give yourself stuff to make your base more badass. 

Use the commands for discipline as follows: Warn/Kick/Tempmute/Tempban/Mute/Ban.  We realize this is only a suggestion, each case is different, and we want to see a temp mute or temp ban be used first!

Players are what we are here for or else we could be playing single-player. Players are also cause trouble.  They spam, they swear, and they say socially incorrect things, often in all caps. 

In general, your actions should be geared towards keeping players. We aren't a G-rated server, and a little swearing is ok, especially when kids are playing and getting excited. If players do break the rules regarding chat, we warn them, kick, or temp-mute them to get their attention and move up to temp-ban if that doesn't work. Use your discretion on the time you want to use, but don't get carried away.  Kids get stupid, but they may come around: especially if you have all made this the kind of place they don't want to leave. 

In practice, some players aren't here to play: they are only here to make trouble. If someone comes in for the very first time and starts trying to op themselves, advertising, or saying how much our server sucks (how would they know?  They just got here). There is about a zero chance they will turn into a Rencorner player.  Ban them and make your report. You are making the server a nicer place for our real members.

Senior Mod

Senior mods are moderators who have shown exemplary dedication and hard work as moderators, and fully shown our trust is deserved. 

- This was copied from one of Woolwind's posts, just posting this cause the same thing applies for terraria. I also edited to my own liking :P 

6 people like this

Not that i have anything to do with terraria but maybe you can make the font white and a bit bigger so people don't get blind trying to read this ? since it seems like the kind of posts people should read ;)

2 people like this

Not that i have anything to do with terraria but maybe you can make the font white and a bit bigger so people don't get blind trying to read this ? since it seems like the kind of posts people should read ;)

To add some to what my beloved vlatty said, note that not everyone might be using your forum theme. I'm using the RC one (that we had since the beginning of the world back in animo's days) which is kinda dark, so that text color makes it impossible to read.

I agree, this post gave me cataracts.

Ipboard skin ftw! Losers using black. XD

2 people like this

joetorp deserves credit for some of that.  Spotting which parts he wrote or I wrote would make a good drinking game  :P

1 person likes this

What's the problem with the default text color? Why does there have to be a different color

1 person likes this

Some people use different Forum themes, so it might be difficult to read text of a certain font color

why specify a color at all? go with the theme color and everyone has what they are used to and can read

How long does it take you to rank up from each of the ranks for Terraria? You should add that too so people know :P.

I need to know so that I'm not too HYPED like I already am.