DrSithis

Rail System

21 posts in this topic

Alright boys, we've been tasked with something. After the Moderator Meeting, on Sunday, February 8th -- we're going to work on building a blueprint for a rail system, that is protected through WorldGuard and not Protection Stones. The objective is to make a quick way to transport players all across the world using a rail system.

This is of great interest to me.

there is a 3600x3600 grid in the nether with portals at every 300x300 intersection, if that helps users to move around

Hedge, Fuzzy and I have been working on Rail Road Stations & Rail Road. Its north of the current spawn.... If I could work on it I would!

I know those signs you guys put up are in jest (right?), but they are not what I wanted to see, I don't mind saying who built it, but the others are something you have no authority to ddo, ie collect fines.  They need to be removed, else I will.

I'd like to see station at the start point, or move it closer to the spawn where it can be seen.  I don't want 100% powered tracks, and the redstone blocks are too big, use redstone torches.  I want trestles to span some valleys, with some stations along the way.

Joe

If someone gave me creative and world edit in survival for a month. I could have a 2 way rail system up in less then a month.

Ok I'll keep that in mind! I can fix that it wont be that hard.. Plus If I cold help Warlord it could be Done x2 as fast... (Remember the two current stations are built 100% Survival)

11 hours ago, Joetorp said:

I know those signs you guys put up are in jest (right?), but they are not what I wanted to see, I don't mind saying who built it, but the others are something you have no authority to ddo, ie collect fines.  They need to be removed, else I will.

I'd like to see station at the start point, or move it closer to the spawn where it can be seen.  I don't want 100% powered tracks, and the redstone blocks are too big, use redstone torches.  I want trestles to span some valleys, with some stations along the way.

Joe

1. Signs Removed

2. Closer To Spawn? Well heres the problem the first station was RIGHT at the border of Spawn

1 hour ago, Skyguy92 said:

2. Closer To Spawn? Well heres the problem the first station was RIGHT at the border of Spawn

Here's the problem, you guys didn't alert me or wool that you couldn't build in the spawn!  Where you put the start, how many people knew to go north out of the spawn to use the rail system?  I didn't see any signs saying to go over there or go to coordinates to find the northern branch of the railway.  What I got was signs declaring ownership and unenforceable punitive punishment for fooling with it.  If you guys can't even use common sense, then maybe you shouldn't be building.  When I directed the rail system to be built, we had enthusiasm.  I said to go n,s,e,w from the spawn.  The enthusiasm lasted maybe 2 weeks, maybe!  I got no feedback, and no questions.  It's been how long since I said to build the system?  Think about it.  It should have been done 2 months ago.

Joe

Very True.... I removed the signs... I I asked to build in the spawn...  I could start working on another way b/c one way already goes quite far (North Side).... Is the railway being build in gm1?

Well to be honest no upper staff offered to give materials out of duty mode. We shouldn't have to mine all the material for this build are selves. I asked 3 or more times for creative mode for this did I get it or a reply as to why not,no. So sorry it's not done but upper staff didn't put in the time to help us do it. Did any one as of yet reply to my creative world edit, nope. I'm not going to mine for weeks to do this way to much time. Give me what I need and I'll get it done if not then don't complain that it's not. 

On 2/16/2016 at 9:12 PM, warlord83 said:

Well to be honest no upper staff offered to give materials out of duty mode. We shouldn't have to mine all the material for this build are selves. I asked 3 or more times for creative mode for this did I get it or a reply as to why not,no. So sorry it's not done but upper staff didn't put in the time to help us do it. Did any one as of yet reply to my creative world edit, nope. I'm not going to mine for weeks to do this way to much time. Give me what I need and I'll get it done if not then don't complain that it's not. 

Who did you ask?  Did you make a post when you didn't get any response? Where did you post about world edit?  I don't expect anyone to have to mine for server related projects.

Joe

Lol Joe I'm going to possibly piss you off to night. I have asked you more then once previous messages asked for it but still no yes or no. If all you have to bitch about my are and our bs I laugh I'm worried about more than grammar. Sorry I called  you out but deal with it.

So our server needs more then are staff provides lol. Spell check that Joe if makes you feel better. I'm not passive and will not be for any I one

I my not have your grammar elegance but ill still prove my point. Like it or not don't use my grammar for your lack of leadership.

This is escalating way beyond what is necessary or on topic. 

I am rather possessive of survival spawn. When I've given other people creative to expand on it I've not generally been thrilled with the results.

I would like to see your station design in creative please, and we can paste it into survival and give you creative plus we to blend it in and connect it.

Actually there should be two - one for a major terminal, and one for  stations.  Possibly multipile versions of the stations, suitable to coordinate with different biomes. Up for it?

Ok! I'll build my station in creative! I've been sketching all day during math class... Lol!

Idea: In the train station there will be shops, a play can rent one for lets say $250 dollars a week, (The in game-money goes to the void) And inside you can make a little shop with a display case? 

So I took the time after my homework to build maybe the starting train station in my advanced creative plot...

This is what it looks like:

Pictures

It Includes: The Track, A nice outside,  RC for Rencorner, Shops to rent for chest shop (Kinda like the mall in SB), display cases for each shop.

Edited by Skyguy92
Embed Code not working

9 hours ago, Skyguy92 said:

So I took the time after my homework to build maybe the starting train station in my advanced creative plot...

This is what it looks like:

Pictures

It Includes: The Track, A nice outside,  RC for Rencorner, Shops to rent for chest shop (Kinda like the mall in SB), display cases for each shop.

That's a nice looking building, but it doesn't really look like it belongs in our harbor spawn. 

We have a  grey/white/green sort of color scheme, to go with the sea,  and the area is hills so a huge flat building doesn't work well.

I'd like to see a few people try and pick a good match