Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
woolwind

new survival spawn

22 posts in this topic

We're ready to have you folks come in and build out.

Theme - harbor town and seaside amusement park - think Jersey shore. There is a rollercoaster and ferris wheel (these may look familiar) and a working connect-4 game on the pier. The town has shops to sell anything the visiting tourist may need.

besides shops we could use:

a log flume

more games. There could be a larger game if you bury the arena somewhere and we put a kiosk teleporter on the pier.

A cruise ship or pirate ship parked at the dock

a lighthouse (working with beacon and glass mechanism to change the color!)

try a new color scheme for the ferris wheel - maybe purple/yellow. blue will blend into the ocean and we have a ton of green already. Maybe move the ferris to straddle two docks. I'm not wedded to the current placement.

an explorer's leaving point - I have a button that dispenses free boats. It could also dispense a helpful instruction book. I started writing notes for one a while back. Make it easier for the player to get away from spawn and find their new home. We could consider adding the 'teleport you out randomly' feature.

I'd like this finished in the next couple of weeks so we can move into our new world before christmas week. That will let all the kids on vacation have plenty of time to explore and get their new bases built.

Please do -

Expand the town, adding specialty shops for armor/weapons, records, brewing supplies, gardening, etc.

Extend the roads as needed - keeping to the tile pattern and lining it up correctly at crossroads.

Use a color scheme that blends in with the existing town and scenery. So, stone, greens, purples, blues, white, wood. Some bright color accents are great but a red wool building will get repainted when you aren't looking.

Be very cautious doing anything deep near the rollercoaster - it extends deep underground and is bigger than what shows on the surface. You could flood out the track if you break into the tunnels.

ask if you aren't sure about something

Please don't

build anything out of scale with the town - no taller than the buildings already there and with room for the roads. Taller is ok if it is really the same size but built on a hill.

do major terraforming without discussion first. As the town grows back into the landscape, roll with it. Buyildings on hills look nice. The roads should be flat but can rise up into the hills. the tiling can get simplified at that point. Worldedit has a //regen command which will reset the landscape from the worldseed if needed.

Builders should appear on TeamSpeak today so they can be assigned their roles for the new Survival 1.8 spawn.

Hey- SemiPVE is almost done, i just need to configure two more plugins and it can be up for public, already updated the server to 1.8, and all the plugins along with it.

So, i will need a spawn built although i do plan on laying out a foundation myself, then i can add the builders to the whitelist to come and help out :P

Please give me a day or two to  add you guys to the whitelist

I'll give you a hand with Semi-PvE Gio. It'll be much quicker with the 2 of us doing it; no offense to the Builders. :P

Just making this note now, as I don't think anyone thought of it but..

oLKZujU.png

This looks horrible! Referring to the area that extends past the Nether-based building.

ngAuOXN.png

This aswell, referring to the area past the stone wall that has the sign.

You guys completely ignored what woolwind said! Build on the mountains, basically roll with the features of the area. I am a little disappointed with this, no offense guys. I am a little disappointed. Please prove me that this really should be the other way around and me not be disappointed.

do major terraforming without discussion first. As the town grows back into the landscape, roll with it. Buildings on hills look nice. The roads should be flat but can rise up into the hills. the tiling can get simplified at that point.

I would regen the areas with WorldEdit but I want you guys, the Builders, to learn how to use your knowledge of building to reshape those areas using just simple left and right clicks. As a Builder you guys must be able to build with blocks, and terraform land with simple things and not WorldEdit all the time.

Sorry about being blunt on this guys, just I don't see this as suitable for what woolwind asked of you guys.

I didn't even start building because I had a practical today so I had to head off early... I don't know what is being planned.. or if there is a plan to go on at the moment.. but before we start building... we need a plan. I also have internet issues at the moment so I can't come on and build.. regenerate that area immediately whoever can come on, and deliberate and plan first before you just build.

The only cut into the hill i did was the bowling ally cause of the redstone circuit but i have some good ideas for this im not finished yet :D and lastly maybe we all should get together tonite have a plan on what we are doing other than just going right into it yes we have a time line but lets work together plan it out and then work from there it may go smoother than people thinkand then we dont mess up like we did and have to fix this which is time consuming ill be on later to help and fix this we dont need to regen the map we just need to have some creativity with us to fix it i know from everyones past builds we can do this

We have a plan, the area doesnt need to be regenerated. It needs to be terraformed or else it will look horrible.

I will admit to doing the W.E but i was going to terraform the walls around it that's what I had thought it was going to be I'm sorry

Landscape to the back of the town is regenerated, and roads are redone to go uphill

There are some building pads cut into the hills  at different levels and laid with stone brick so you can see them easily. Go ahead and build on them.

While building fly up and back and get a good look at how your building is fitting in with the town around it. If it sticks out like a pimple, reconsider your choice of building materials. 

Take a look at the gardening shop next to the grocery store to get an idea for how buildings can integrate into the landscape.

And stop making fucking chests everywhere. Our new plugin creates regions that will claim 6 blocks below ground surface, and up to the max build height. woolwind and I last night noticed we had to ignore claims last night to build.

This means Mikeyblumburg(softkitywarmkity) and PhoenixSouls.

ok i only set them there for my inv so i wouldnt lose it plus if im not mistaken root your the one that said to do that

Let's also stop being rude to the staff please root.

1 person likes this

I hope you didnt destroy. them my prot set was in it and other stuff

We just removed the small area claimed around them. Your chests, and stoves are still locked by our LWC plugin, which is a fairly decent bonus. But anyway, this isn't the section for talking Developer things. ;p

On a side note, we do have a couple more things that need to be buffed out and polished for the survival build if I am not mistaken. woolwind will post if she needs anything more done, and if there is, woolwind or I will be the one to provide you the "Builder" PEX Group ingame.

25 minutes ago, Skyguy92 said:

Mesa wanna help

serious necro posting here, this was over a year ago

3 hours ago, woolwind said:

serious necro posting here, this was over a year ago

I always like Necro-posting :P