Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Herbert

Safe Zones?

10 posts in this topic

Is it possible to make a certain valley, or area, safe from pvp? I'm thinking like making a "Noob Town", where new people would start, until prepared to go out into the harsh world of rust...... maybe we could make a very small, 4 building town for them to start at, with camp fires, furnace, etc. To get them started.... if this is possible, then we need to think of if , and or how people could exploit it....

Yea I brought this up on teamspeak before. The main thing is once people leave they the spawn they shouldn't be able to get back.

1 person likes this

Depends, this can be possible if you can code a plugin. .

If possible you could use the wasteland to the north.. kinda like Rune-scape. Make that into free pvp area with some resources you cant get any ware else. 

Just thinking out loud.

I'm actually for setting up a small town for new players that's around a resource area so that they have a safe haven to work from while setting themselves up. I know I'm not the only one who's considered uninstalling this game just because some guy who is either no-lifeing, or just being a dick, decides to camp the new players and prevent them from getting a foot hoid. Rust is NOT a forgiving game and the economy very much perpetuates the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. Having a small area where people can have a limited supply to stay on their feet would be appealing to many new players.

We put a little town together one night, but we rushed it.. I think if we group up and do it at the natural pace of the game it will be pretty fun.

If we do it in an area thats pretty far from the road we can do it as a safe zone, and prevent people from wandering over randomly.

I can put together the script that flags players as.. some fun name, and spawn them back inside the bubble when they die. Could even keep their inventory if you guys wanna go that route. Just lay out your ideas and I can get to scriptin! 

To be fair to the rest of the server, I can let them run a command to exit the safe zone and it'd kill them and spawn them in the typical spawn areas so they cant just stock pile stuff and then go out into the real world and build a mansion :P

I honestly can't imagine the point of this, someone please explain? You want a safe area where you can't be killed but you also can't gather resources or do anything while you're in there? It sounds kind of pointless unless I'm not thinking about it correctly, I can just see people camping outside the safe area to pick anyone off that leaves.

How about a safe zone with a time limit?

2-3 hours of in-game time.

Like I said you should spawn in it when you first start the game. After that you could not go back to it.

We could do it on the north side of the map, where nobody could wander over. If we did it with a script, anyone marked as a PVE player could keep their inventory if they died by bleeding/animal/fall.

I can spawn Reds, and the various loot crates around if we felt like making our own towns. I think I can even prevent people from building too close to them. ;D

Magma has hooks for when a player is hurt, and I can see who/what the attacker is. If its a player I can just heal em right back.

I honestly can't imagine the point of this, someone please explain? You want a safe area where you can't be killed but you also can't gather resources or do anything while you're in there? It sounds kind of pointless unless I'm not thinking about it correctly, I can just see people camping outside the safe area to pick anyone off that leaves.

They could still gathe, hunt, and build like everyone else, but when they decide to leave the PVE area they wouldn't be able to take their loot. Anything they researched would still be available to them however.. might be a little unfair.

How about a safe zone with a time limit?

2-3 hours of in-game time.

This is also do-able with teh codez!