Ricochet

Wipe this weekend?

Wipe this Friday night?   7 members have voted

1. 1. Wipe this thing and bring in more players?

• Yes, lets bring in some new faces!
    • No, I really like my collection of shiny black weapons.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 posts in this topic

I think most of the people I've talked to in TS about this are into it. It usually attracts new players, especially if we have our normal group on the night of the wipe.

I have some cool plugins in the works for the pre-wipe hours:

Gathering from any resource just might give you a weapon, ammo, bandage, or even an Explosive Charge!

If you shoot arrows at a building, there is a chance that it will trigger an explosion on impact.

Giveaway will be bumped to 10 minutes instead of an hour, and the loot will be quite a bit more awesome.

Obviously these will be taken out during the wipe :P

If we do wipe, let's go ahead and do it like early friday night? That way we can hit the peak time of players on.

Need a mod that sets buildings fire to reduce their HP.. so you can then break into them with a pickaxe. ?!?

Need a mod that sets buildings fire to reduce their HP.. so you can then break into them with a pickaxe. ?!?

That'd make it way too hard for people get started. : 

Too easy to raid

I'm thinking of taking Friday off just for the wipe. I hope we wipe first thing in the morning, so I can start my new base

I'm thinking of taking Friday off just for the wipe. I hope we wipe first thing in the morning, so I can start my new base

haha we'll see :P #dedication

If we do wipe that morning then we can play together and since I know rust I can actually get a good video made.

missing the option: No, i dont think it changes much to the playerbase

missing the option: No, i dont think it changes much to the playerbase

1.)You hop on a server, everyone has huge towers and m4's and full kev.

You get discouraged or killed, and you leave.

2.)You hop on a server, everyone is scrambling for resources, no one has weapons, you're on the same level as everyone else.

1.)You hop on a server, everyone has huge towers and m4's and full kev.

You get discouraged or killed, and you leave.

2.)You hop on a server, everyone is scrambling for resources, no one has weapons, you're on the same level as everyone else.

1): Well its not like you have to be close to those 2 towers... When do you want to do a server reset? every 2 weeks? because then the problem starts over again

Can you change the name of my hatchet to "popsicle", so when I kill someone, it announces I killed them with a popsicle? Mmmmmmmmmmmmm......on a serious note, I think when a majority have c4 and are raiding a lot, that's "end game" time, and a wipe should follow soon after. A combination of that, and just getting a feel from the people on the server. Maybe once a month, maybe 3 weeks, depending on how much base rape is going on, and how many people are being dominated compared to how many are the dominaters.

1 person likes this

Yep, what Herbert said.

I like 3 week cycles.. until Rust puts out a freaking update, people have figured out how to "beat the game" in about 2 weeks. 

Hopefully, with each wipe, we gain some more players.

1): Well its not like you have to be close to those 2 towers... When do you want to do a server reset? every 2 weeks? because then the problem starts over again

No strike, what we are planning on doing as well, is making the server have regular resource gathering, so you actually have to work and want to come back and gather resources and makes your loot more precious. Instead of getting 100+ wood from one wood pile. You actually have to hit trees sometimes just to get some wood to cook food/build

Looks to me like you just need a larger more diversified map..  is there any custom map options?

This game is based on unreal engine isn't it?

Unfortunately, Rust is a single map at this point.

Rust is actually made in Unity3D