Ricochet

Rencorner Rust - Server Configuration

Keep teleport in?   6 members have voted

1. 1. Keep teleport?

• Yes, I can't stand running around trying to find my friends.
    • No, it means people can just disappear from fire fights.
    • Either way is fine.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 posts in this topic

I’ve seen a good number of RC members hanging out on our Rust server, and its been a lot of fun. I’m pretty new to the group, but I’ve really enjoyed playing and talking with you guys.

For those who don’t know, I’m am acting as admin/developer for the official RenCorner rust server. I ran my own server for a period of time, and spent most of my time writing mods.

Breakdown of whats running on the server now:

Door Sharing - Share doors with your friends without needing codes. Just type /share playerName

Building Manager 2.0 - Remove tool, less exploitable than /remove and you can share your base with others to make changes. Just hit the non-load bearing structure with a stone pickaxe twice to remove it. Type /baseshare all playerName to share with your friends.

Teleporting* - use /tpa playerName to request a teleport to a friend, you are limited to 3 an per 2 hours.

Starter - type /starter to receive a sleeping bag and a stone hatchet. There is a cool down on this so people can’t abuse it.

Arrow Gather - This is something I wrote to make the hunting experience feel a little more legit. If you kill an animal with a bow, you have a 60% chance of retrieving the arrows from its corpse as you gather from it.

Fragment Gather - Basically a copy of the Arrow Gather plugin, but you’ll have a 60% chance of gathering 2 metal fragments if you kill an animal with a gun.

Hourly Giveaways - Every hour a random player will receive a random item. The items in rotation aren’t anything special, it’s mainly a mental thing, but people seem to like it. 

Death Location - When you die, your coordinates are printed to you in chat, you can use /location to find your way back.

Now - type /now to get the time of day, ping, playtime, and total players online

Player List - type /players to see a list of online players

Chat History - Pull up the last 5 chat messages with /history

Shops - I'm working on shops at the moment, but I threw in a quick prototype for people to play with for now. Type /shop to view the items, and /buy # to buy an item. Blood is the currency, and you'll get 1 blood per animal kill. Blood draw kits have been removed so people can't "print money". The selection is pretty weak right now, but what I have in the works is quite a bit more robust ;)

If you have feedback or ideas for these mods please feel free to comment here.

Let's go bang on rocks!

2 people like this

Looks great!

I can help you out testing and figuring out shop prices this weekend.

Keep up the good work! ;)

No 2x gathering? Bah.. Humbug I say.

Haha jcon, I am gonna miss it too man.. But I think the impact of it changes the progression of the game.

Since Rust's teleport command was really only designed for admins, it's possible to abuse it and glitch into peoples bases. :/

I've actually seen people leave because a server had teleporting enabled...

I like it for the sake of getting home safely, but I also don't want the jerk that killed me 3 times getting out of it when I go after him by just teleporting to his buddies.

Check the poll at the top of the post :}

1 person likes this

Since Rust's teleport command was really only designed for admins, it's possible to abuse it and glitch into peoples bases. :/

I've actually seen people leave because a server had teleporting enabled...

I like it for the sake of getting home safely, but I also don't want the jerk that killed me 3 times getting out of it when I go after him by just teleporting to his buddies.

Check the poll at the top of the post :}

Exactly, that's why we have tpa for regulars. And yeah, took me 25 minutes and 7 deaths to find Sketch and Herbert on another server, lol.

1 person likes this