ice187dna

Team Fortress 2 : Server Changelogs.

82 posts in this topic

This section is going to be where all the changes and updates of the servers are going to be kept.  Anything minor or major will be dated and logged here. These will be also my notes in what has been Done, Pending and Under construction.

These notes will be for my benefit in finding out what is working and not working out for the servers and if anything should go wrong, I then can back track to prevent it and / or not download certain plugins ect.

If people could ideally not post in this section then that would be a great help to check my "online notes". If you need to say something just create a new post and tell me in there if possible. :)

Many thanx ice187dna.

1 person likes this

8th Feb 2014

• Installed SteamCMD to the Team Fortress 2 File for Server1.
  • Downloaded and installed Team Fortress 2.
  • Created a Start Bat file for Server 1.
  • Started the server via the bat and it works fine.
  • Found my old server cfg file and copy pasted that to the new server.
  • Re-named from the old server to RenCorner.com.
  • Checked to see if SteamCMD installs to the correct files and it does.
  • Created a notepad for the SteamCMD install for the server. 
  • Created 2 Team Fortress 2 IRC channels.
  • Adding all the files and plugins to the server.
  • Adding the latest sourcemod and testing it out.
  • Adding the latest metamod and testing that out too.
  • Updating the Server Name.
  • Downloading SourceIRC to enable a bot to join the irc channels.
  • Adding mods and admin access to the server. This will be auto auth'd when you connect.
  • Other things which I may have forgotten to mention.
  • Testing out SourceIRC commands from irc.
  • Configuring the IRC bot to relay commands to irc channels.
  • Creating a commands list for admins and mods to use in game.
  • Creating a Stats for the server which players can see who is n.o 1 in the ranks, what character is being played the most or maps ect.
  • Creating a backup of the server(s) so if something should go wrong then all will not be lost.

I will be working on the server for the next few days and need to keep restarting it ect, so there isn't any point of having the server up and running at the moment, kicking people off while they are playing. I'm hoping for most of it to be completed by Wed/Thurs if goes well or maybe earlier. Server 1 is going to be a normal server which will hold 24 players at any one time.

Server 2 will be the Mann vs Machine server (Co-op) or Player Vs AI mode. This will hold only 6 people at any one time.

11th Feb 2013

• Installed Sourcemod for server 1.
  • Installed Metamod for server 1.
  • Installed a 2nd TF2 server for MVM.
  • Ran the Sourcemod and Metamod for server 1 and it works fine.
  • Updated Sourcemod to 1.6.0 so it has the latest version.
  • Checked the plugins for it and they are fine.
  • Installed SourceIRC to server 1.
  • Ran SourceIRC on server 1 and there is a problem.
  • Added a server.cfg file too.
  • Tried to sort out the problem for the SourceIRC Relay.smx and I think it could be due to not having 2 other plugins which go with it.
  • Need to download and install the other plugins and restart the server and check it via the console.
  • Once this has been done then I can I can finish off installing the other plugins.
  • Added myself as the admin to the server but it's not  recognised me. Need to look into this and find out why.
  • Added the server name but again needs looking into as it's not relaying it as rencorner.com.
  • Ran the 2nd server for the first time and it worked. Added the SourceIRC and then after that it stopped working when I rebooted it.
  • Still need to Create a back up of the server(s).
  • Create a Stats for the server(s).
  • Getting the MVM server to work. This will be started on when server 1 is finished and completed.

12th Feb 2013.

• Found out the problem with SourceIRC.. I put something on the end which should have been something else lolz. 
  • The TF2 Server 1 now joins IRC.
  • The server is now called RCTF2Bot1. This may change as it looks too long but, we can see later on.
  • The server 1 bot is now joining our IRC channel. The public channel is #rc-tf2.
  • Updated Server 1 with the latest updates from Valve.
  • Updated Server 2 aswell just in case.

20th Feb 2014.

• Made the server join both public and admin channels now.
  • Tested the chat to Team and All, this now shows up in both channels.
  • Changed the Server Name to RC-TF2bot1 so it's easier to see on IRC.
  • Downloaded a few plugins.
  • Installed "rtd". When used in game it gives you either good or bad things to you.
  • Updated server 1 with Valves latest updates.
  • Checked and refreshed the admin list on the server so now it recognises me as a server admin now.
  • Downloading more plugins.
  • Installing some plugins which I have already downloaded.
  • Sorting out the Server Name. It's still showing it under "Team Fortress" and it should be showing Rencorner.com | Server 1. Still need to look into this.
  • Need to get a relay bot to relay commands for the server to recognise and execute
  • Need to install and run the "Call Admin". This will activate the call admin to pm Steam and Team speak. Not sure about IRC but will look into that.
  • Getting the MVM server up and running.
  • Installing the MVM plugins.
  • Testing the plugins on the server.
  • Create a back up of the servers.
  • Getting a "stats" up and running.

24th Feb 2014.

• Installed the "Call Admin" plugin". Need to check this out and run it.
  • The sourceIRC mod now has a few commands on the irc channel.

(Will post these later on)

• Added a "pumkin" plugin to produce pumpkins (admin only)
  • Managed to get the MVM server running but I need to do some work on it first.
  • Updated server 1 with a small update from valve.
  • Looked at the server.cfg file and found it's not running the server name again for both servers. :(
  • Noticed it's not executing the server.cfg file....like it's not  recognising it. I will keep looking into this and trying out new things until it does work.
  • Installing some admin plugins and maybe some more fun plugins too.
  • Still need to have a look at a relay bot.
  • Getting the MVM server up and running properly.

1st March 2014.

• Updated the MVM server with Valves latest updates.
  • Changed the cfg file on server one and restarted the server to see if it loads ... with no luck yet.
  • Changed the motd.txt but need to add the list of maps on it and to restart the server.
  • Sort out the server.cfg file on both MVM and Server 1.
  • Still figuring out this Source IRC as the server is coming up with a few problems on server 1 and not recognising certain bits of it.

4th March 2014.

• Closed the server down and tried to sort out the server.cfg file again :/ and then tweeked with a few files. 
  • Server wouldn't boot up so had to install the server files via SteamCMD and rebooted the server. Server worked fine but again the server.cfg file which it needs to run from isn't being recognised :(
  • Installed a announcement plugin so when you join the server it should show (did for me) what country you are connecting from and your ip address.
  • When the announcement plugin was installed it didn't register on the irc so need to have a look at some of the settings to find out why it wasn't doing that.
  • Managed to make the server double spam leaving messages in IRC when they leave .......again....( used to happen at another community). It's nothing major and yes it needs sorting out but it's not on the high priority list at the moment.
  • Going to have a few more attempts at the server.cfg file again and see what I'm missing/doing wrong again. If that still fails then I will go find some help from other TF2 server admins.
  • Changed the motd but it's reset it's self back to the default one again so need to have a look at that again.
  • Need to add more plugins.
  • Need to config the announcement plugin.

9th March 2014.

• Good news server #1 server.cfg now works. The server now has it's name now to join which is " Rencorner.com | Server #1 | Maps with Stats " :D
  • Maps can be changed from mIRC now.
  • This works on the Admin channel and public channel. 
  • On the public mIRC channel you can use !status and !gameinfo. These have to be typed as shown, !gi will not work.
  • I need to go check the plugin for the connection announcement to test if it shows the Steam ID on mIRC. This could work auto but it could have not worked with the server.cfg not working.
  • Some commands like changing the map and kicking people from the server can be done from the public channel which is not allowed. Need to change the settings and make it only the admin channel to take them commands and leave the public one to talking and finding out gameinfo.
  • Other stuff which needs doing is as same as before.

12th March 2014.

• I managed to get server 2 MVM running.
  • Set up the irc channel #rc-mvm for the public to join.
  • Set up the irc channel for the admin too.
  • Got the MVM server.cfg to work so the server loads up from that ect.
  • The server is now called "Rencorner.com | Server #2 | MVM | "
  • Changed server 1 to "Rencorner.com | Server #2 | Valve Maps" - this will take place when the server is restarted.
  • Problems on the MVM server which I tried to fix were the server bot not joining the correct channel. I tried several ways and need to check the error logs to find out what the problem is.
  • Found the site for the Stats so will be looking into that when the MVM server is up properly.
  • Still need to look at the server to find out why certain commands can be executed from mIRC when you have not got a @ or higher.
  • Getting the Stats  working for both servers.
  • Making a backup of both servers.
  • Other things which I may have missed off.

1 person likes this

25th April 2014.

Ok so with having a new server box I had to re-install TF2 server #1 so far only.
Everything is working so far, it just needs some more plugins and tweeking for the server to be fully functional.
Updated the server with Valve's latest updates.
Updated Sourcemod from 1.6.0-hg4317 to 1.6.0-hg4336.
Installed the new up to date Sourcemod.
The new server is called " RenCorner.com | Server #1 | IP 10.4.3.254:27015"

Just need to change something on the Steam Account as the server is running in LAN ONLY MODE at the moment.
Need to get SourceIRC installed and running on the server.

Need to sort out the Game Stats for the server.
Any other plugins which my be necessary for the server.

New update: The server has been updated with another of valves updates which has just come through.

30th April 2014.

Created a Steam Account so that the server wouldn't run in LAN Mode and it's worked.
Updated a update from valve and restarted the server.
Managed to get the correct server IP now. Was using the wrong one lolz so the server is up and running.
The server IP is now 64.31.41.114:27016!!! add this to your TF2 Server Favourites!!!! :D

Need to figure out how to get the Steamid and account to log into steam to recognise it and then show up on the games listing.
Once that is done then I can work on the SourceIRC and get that sorted out.
Need to find out why the server bot isn't joining IRC- could be due to the SourceIRC which I though I had installed but I don't think I have now.
Added myself as an Admin on the TF2 server but need to check in-game if that has worked or not.

Same as above.

Edited by Volcom
Updates!! Are in Pink.

May 2014

I have been on and off working on the Mann Vs Machine server for Rencorner. Everything is running ok so far but there is a general problem. Ever since valve has released an update, people have been saying that on their servers (Win 2003 server boxes) that the nextmap.smx isn't working.

This is the same for us too. Anything with a higher OS it works fine. At the moment I have tried everything to get the server running but with no sucess. As soon as valve gets this problem fixed then I can finish off the MVM server.

I have been adding some MVM plugins to the server. I will post details with them later on.

Sorry for  the delay, it's something which is out of my hands and cannot do anything about it.

Here is the link and what some of the people have said :https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=240502

3rd June 2014.

Decided to ask for some help as I'm out of options for this server. It looks like the map.cfg isn't reading right so the server cannot locate the nexmap.smx file and mapchooser.smx. Now that is sorted the server still won't run but I don't have the errors on it so I will see what else is the problem with it.

Everything looks fine it's just the server boots up then crashes so I will have a good look at the server and see what else I could have missed.

5th/6th June 2014.

Updated servers 1 & 2 with valves latest updates.

At the moment it runs then crashes after a few seconds. I have asked for some outside help and managed to fix one of the problems. The server wasn't reading the nextmap.smx file so it wouldn't run the server.

At the moment there is a 2nd problem with a admin file. I have tried to by-pass it and done everything what I can but still get some errors. I think I'm out of options with it and again will need some outside help.

I can only think of doing a fresh clean copy of the server and starting it all over again which I didn't want to do as I have installed the plugin to the server but if it's not getting resolved then that will be my last option.

Apart from that it ran okay when it boots up but then shuts down. I have checked the error logs and meh it's just frustrating. It's like 99% fine and it's just that 1% which is causing all the issues. Meh.

7th June 2014.

**Just asked for some help at Allied Modders to see what is going wrong. I can't understand it as it's the same config as server 1 so I'm not sure what is going off. Sorry for the delay people**

mhm. when in doubt, clear it out! :P

hopefully it can get sorted out soon, I played some MvM last night and I'd love to play it at rencorner :D

1 person likes this

8th/9th June 2014.

Managed to get the TF2 MVM server up and running.
New server details:RenCorner.com | Server #2| IP 64.31.41.114:27019 |MVM
Made and announcement on the forums about the MVM server.
Posted and announcement on Steam about it to let everyone who has joined RC group know about it...all 166 of them.
Posted and announcement on Steam about it to let everyone who has joined my old TF2 group know about it...all 88 of them to bring in more players.
Amended the "Overview" on the main steam group and added the MVM server details.
You can join the IRC channel #rc-mvm. Anything said on the channel will be broadcasted down into game so please watch what you say and don't spam the players in game as it can annoy them.
Posting an announcement on Facebook about it and also Twitter.

The server will need more plugins and things changing on it.
Need to add a IRC relay bot on both public and admin channels so it relays !gameinfo and !status to everyone on that channel and not privately to the person who asks for the details.
Need to create a bat file to stop and start the server via IRC if needed to.
Need to create a back up of both servers now.
Need to add a announcement plugin to both servers to advertise them more.

Sort out a gamestats for both TF2 server or HLstatsX to get feedback and find out what is working and not working for the servers.

1 person likes this

12th June 2014

Updated both servers with valves latest updates.
Added some MVM plugins to the MVM server. ( will add the info later )
Downloaded the announcement plugin but need to configure this on the servers.

17th June 2014.

Updated both servers with the !robot plugin.
Players who wish to have the MVM robot look and sound can do so now. Use the command in "all chat F2" and it will turn on and type !robot again to turn it off.
Looked at the connection announcement plugin for server #1.  When you join the server your Nickname, Steam ID and what country you are from will show up in the menu box.

Need to see how this runs out and may change the plugin a little for the announment plugin. I may keep the Steam ID private as not all players want this shown to everyone else and extend where you connect from like instead of GB  it will say Great Britain instead. Again will see how it goes and will add it to the MVM server later on.

18th June 2014.

For some reason there was a bug on the MVM server which a friend told me about. This affected the engineer in game as when they played that character they couldn't deploy the sentry/dispenser ect or shoot.
I restarted the server and went on a few MVM maps using the engineer and all seems well now.

Ps the friend is Lundy004 :P

1 person likes this

19th June 2014.

Updated both servers with valves Love & War update.

1 person likes this