Vexcrate

Vexcrate's Tempmod App

1. What is your real name?

Thomas Figura

1. What is your main character’s in-game name?
    Vexcrate

2. How often do you play and how long have you been on our servers?
    Try to get on as much as I can recently, but I've been on since 1.3.0.8. (Dec. 2016)

3. How old are you?

I am 18 years old.

1. Why do you want a staff position?

I've always admired the staff's dedication to the players of the server, and I think I could do that as well, whether that be just playing with new members in my spare time or helping out highers in tougher situations.

1. What is your history with moderating and/or administrating Terraria servers?

I have no history in moderating Terraria servers.

1. What is your understanding of the responsibilities of Helper/TempMod?

I understand that highers are not on the server 24/7, so they can't monitor everything. I do understand that Tempmods do not have a lot of power, and that's okay. Often times they embrace new players to the server, and occasionally report things to higher-ranked players.

2. On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least), how comfortable are you with IRC?

Hard 1 (downloaded and joined but have no clue what to do)

3. How long have you been playing Terraria?

Since 1.1(Mobile) and 1.2.4(desktop)

4. Have you ever been banned on a server before? If so, why?

I have never been banned on a Terraria server.

1. Name four of our server rules and explain why they're important

No griefing: Other people's work is their pride, and when you grief, you stomp out that pride.

No racism: We want people to stay, not to think that we are a server that endorses such racism.

No server advertising: This is our server, and to be honest we've probably heard of any server anyone can advertise and decide not to join it, and we don't advertise. We are our own server.

No asking of people's real life location: Not only is it illegal, but it's also an incredibly rude gesture and manipulative as well.

1. What would you do if there was a situation you could not handle?

I would report it to a higher and stay put.

1. Your best friend joins our server and begins hacking, what do you do?

Best friend or not, a hacker cannot be tolerated. I would report it because it's one friend versus an entire community of players.

1. Another player you dislike says something that bothers or annoys you, how do you react?

As long as it's not a rule violation, I would ignore it. I do not want to lose my cool.

1. What would you say is your biggest strength? Your greatest weakness?

I would say I am incredibly outgoing, but I am also sort of quick to anger.

1. A man’s wife is very sick and needs special medicine to survive. The only pharmacy to have the medicine is charging a ridiculously high price for it, which the man cannot afford. Is it okay for the man to steal the medicine? Why or why not?

The man should not steal it because there are good people out there who will donate to such a cause. If he gets caught, he is going to jail, and who is going to hold his wife's hand through the sickness?

1. What sets you apart from other players and staff applicants? Answer in at least 20 words.
    I am outgoing, I am willing to do whatever it takes to embrace new members, and often times I have a different view on things than other players, and a little variety is good. I also think that I have a good relationship with most other players.

2. You are driving past a small bus stop with 3 people sitting there. You are in a car with room for only one person, even if you try to cram  people in to the car. As you slow down to see if you can help, you see three people. An elderly woman, who says she needs to go to a hospital nearby but cannot afford an ambulance; A very old and dear friend of yours (who you owe a big favor) who needs to get to a business meeting in the next 30 minutes, and the most attractive mate you've ever seen, who looks at you, and it's love at first sight. Who do you help, and why?                                                                                  I would help the elderly woman because this is your only chance to help her. My friend can be paid back later, and there are other fish in the sea. The old woman needs help now and it is her last chance to LIVE.

3.  Anything else you would like to add?

Thanks for reading my application! Also after reading some other apps I realized that my number thirteen is very similar to what Sickle’s was. I formulated this response on my own.

Edited by Vexcrate
Added to things I’d like to add