Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
He4dSh0t

Connection problem

Recommended Posts

Past 3 days server list wont load and same goes for renlist
something going on with the game in general or is this problem just on my side?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Manuel857 said:

Did you installl latest windows 10 update? I heard people are having problems ever since update.

I didnt unless it auto did it when i was away

1 hour ago, WNxH3adSh00t said:

I had the same issue aswell. A day later I was asked by windows if I want to add Renlist to be allowed by firewall and it worked after.

no option ever came up about my firewall blocking anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Neither for me for the first day or so, only afterwards it poped up and I allowed it. Then it worked.

Try to manually add it to firewall's allowed programs.

Edited by WNxH3adSh00t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, He4dSh0t said:

Well I reninstalled renlist; approved it etc... set up it up to game2.exe but no improvements

what version of windows are you running?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make a copy of your Game.exe. Then rightclick the copy of your Game.exe and go to properties. Then you see a line called Target-Path, add this to the line wich i marked green:

C:\windows\Renegade\Game.exe" +connect 208.115.205.106:5001 +netplayername "He4dSh0t"

 

Nexttime when RenList works, add each server to favourite, then you can see all servers online even when the master server is offline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, rackz said:

Make a copy of your Game.exe. Then rightclick the copy of your Game.exe and go to properties. Then you see a line called Target-Path, add this to the line wich i marked green:

C:\windows\Renegade\Game.exe" +connect 208.115.205.106:5001 +netplayername "He4dSh0t"

 

Nexttime when RenList works, add each server to favourite, then you can see all servers online even when the master server is offline.

even copying game.exe when i add the green txt nothing at all changes

Edited by He4dSh0t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rackz said:

yeah it wont fix renlist buy you can direct connect by clicking it lol

even doing that it still wont load the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can't connect via direct connect, that's not a renlist problem.

Check firewall (windows, antivirus), antivirus itself, or reinstall game (less likely)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2018 at 2:46 PM, shaitan said:

have you tried reinstalling the game?

tried ill try again

On 6/3/2018 at 2:46 PM, Itai795 said:

If you can't connect via direct connect, that's not a renlist problem.

Check firewall (windows, antivirus), antivirus itself, or reinstall game (less likely)?

yea i just dont know what its currently blocking now at this point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of curiosity, are you able to launch the game at all? like to play single player for instance.

If the problem is only the game listing (renlist), then it's definately a port blocking issue. I assume you have the latest 1.0.9 version on renlist right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the game launches like masscarriers said, try turning off your firewall for a few minutes to see what it does. If it still wont connect; I would go back to May 25/26(you said 3 days), and see if you had windows updates, uninstall them then try again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, masscarriers said:

Out of curiosity, are you able to launch the game at all? like to play single player for instance.

If the problem is only the game listing (renlist), then it's definately a port blocking issue. I assume you have the latest 1.0.9 version on renlist right?

latest everything; game will play in single just when i click multiplayer (advanced game listing) just continues to say requesting server list
when I try to play through renlist nothing even appears

I uninstalled it all and reinstalled and I have no idea what the firewall is directly blocking at this point now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depending on where you're playing from, some university campus in the US block common game ports, or whole range sometimes. If you're playing from home obviously nothing should be blocked, and short of disabling downright everything in windows defender, I really have no idea what's keeping you from seeing the games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shaitan said:

If the game launches like masscarriers said, try turning off your firewall for a few minutes to see what it does. If it still wont connect; I would go back to May 25/26(you said 3 days), and see if you had windows updates, uninstall them then try again.

turned it off nothing changed

 

16 minutes ago, masscarriers said:

Depending on where you're playing from, some university campus in the US block common game ports, or whole range sometimes. If you're playing from home obviously nothing should be blocked, and short of disabling downright everything in windows defender, I really have no idea what's keeping you from seeing the games.

thats why im confused... i approved everything that came up this second time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if this will work but you could try adding the following entry to windows hosts file

185.53.128.156 master.gamespy.com

this will hopefully get the servers list from the new master server

 

I have created a script to do it just incase you have problems manually editing the hosts file

copy and paste the following code into notepad and save it as a *.bat file (addhost.bat)

@echo off
SET hosts=%windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
attrib -r %hosts%
echo 185.53.128.156 master.gamespy.com >>%hosts%
attrib +r %hosts%

the *.bat file you just created must be run as administrator to succefully add the entry

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×