Joetorp

Plans for the new upgrade to 1.13

Ok, here are some thoughts about 1.13 when we redo the server, remember this will be an aquatic update.  It is supposed to be here 3rd or 4th week of July.

•             Survival - New spawn,hard mode, and keeping normal mode and /fly for trusted, allow spawners.
  •          Factions – New spawn, hard mode with spawners  
  •            Skyblock – New spawn, keep as is, add /fly and spawners, move skygrid to Skyblocks and use it as a resource (like we did in 1.7).  Also have a lobby to choose between Skyblocks and Seablocks  (move the island level to sea level and build underwater, details to be worked out).
  •          Prison – New spawn, make cells smaller (4x6), perhaps change the game to cops and robbers

•               Allow mods
  •            Redo the hub, remove build battle, skygrid, and keep other games.  Archery to have enchanted bows and swords
  •             GTA – new spawn, perhaps a different city map
  •         Add Walking Dead to minigames
  •         Add racing tracks to minigames.
  •         Prison- make starter picks have efficiency 2.

8 hours ago, Joetorp said:

Add racing tracks to minigames.

Cool, don't have to lose our survival gear to race! (If the races were in hardmode survival I think I'd never race again lol)

Add a better shop to sky block 

with the idea of that maybe make one not physically made shop with signs and stuff but by doing /shop and I pulls up a menu, in that menu should be a choice of stuff like. Farming

redstone

blocks

vaulables

etc

1 major one is mob spawners and to reduce lagg you can stack multiple mob spawners in 1 spot as well as having mobs combine if close enough, not villagers obviously

so if it says there are 5 skeletons over a skeleton you can kill it 5 times

this idea could add some attractions without creating much lag

-vbr465

Posted (edited)

Also maybe add racing as a mini game and have a leaderboard for it like fastest time 

Edited by vbr465

Posted (edited)

Also sorry for making 3 post so far instead of having it all in one but add more challanges to survival as because it seems a little dull without challanges

Take out the money in survival and let players make their own shops where they sell items in exchange for what they want like 1 elytra for 64 diamonds

improve the biome spread 

it does need a bit of fixing as of I have to go far away from my base to find terrocota 

one part about that is have a decent amount of ocean monuments as you can make mob farms with them but make it an even amount where they aren’t to often but aren’t to rare to find

this one sounds rough but enable mob griefing 

i feel like mob griefing is a natural part to the game and removing it seems a little bit less legit

yes I hate when creepers blow my stuff up but it does get me playing longer cause i have to redo stuff which means people will be on more often

these are all just my personal opinions but do hope you consider it

-vbr465 

Edited by vbr465
Thought of another thing for biome spread

5 hours ago, Joetorp said:

Get ready, it's coming on July 18

The server update or game update? (I haven't been following mc)

Minecraft update, It will be a few weeks before we will be ready, not all the plugins will be up to date on the 18th, I hope spigot will be, but that remains to be seen...

I'm sure we will see player count boost sense people will be starting new again. I myself will be more active again ounce it comes if ya know im not at 2000 ping.

So, Minecraft 1.13 is finally out!

Spigot have a snapshot release for 1.13-pre7, but Spigot 1.13 is not here yet and we need a few major plugins to be updated before proceeding at all.

Until then, keep on with the suggestions and building competitions for a 1.13-themed survival, skyblock, prison, and factions spawns!

I'll be keeping an eye on https://www.spigotmc.org/ to see when they update Spigot with eager anticipation. :yahoo-happy:

I HOPE that before the real release they consider reducing the spawn rate of kelp by 60%. It's overkill as it currently stands!

Thanks Sh00t for posting them, The 1st one is hard to watch because he jumps his cursor around too much, and he thinks he is cool by the way he talks, i couldn't watch more than 9 minutes of it.  IMO it isn't a good video.

the upper slab with flowing water out of it could make a neat looking pathway across a lake! Magma blocks are evil, I learned the hard way in the snapshots. 

On 7/18/2018 at 6:22 PM, Goonhaven said:

So, Minecraft 1.13 is finally out!

Spigot have a snapshot release for 1.13-pre7, but Spigot 1.13 is not here yet and we need a few major plugins to be updated before proceeding at all.

Until then, keep on with the suggestions and building competitions for a 1.13-themed survival, skyblock, prison, and factions spawns!

I'll be keeping an eye on https://www.spigotmc.org/ to see when they update Spigot with eager anticipation. :yahoo-happy:

I built a spawn in creative go look

I had a look a while ago vbr, it looks amazing and we decided to use it for the hub, possibly underwater!

I'm making some progress with getting plugins working, so it might be updated today or tomorrow. The first server to be updated will be hard-mode survival.

What does everyone think about a floating islands survival server using the buffet world generator in 1.13, separate to the main one? Also which biome would you want it in?

See if anyone can find a good world seed to use for survival: http://chunkbase.com/apps/biome-finder#20036945946664096

Hey guys!

Okay so today I spent 2-3 hours working on this "spawn" I thought of for 1.13 survival server. For the idea I wanted to have everything together like the server/player shops within the spawn. So I created this piece of "land" and built everything in it. 

I screenshotted the building itself on creative on my pc and yeahhhh lol. The little blue/red markets could be some of the player shops. The building in the middle is what I thought could be the area if you did /spawn and the building on the side could be the server shop with a little amount of room for more player shops. 

soooooo here are some screenshots and if you want to see it in person you could go to my plot on creative (/p visit jennaxx) :

minecraft 2.png

minecraft 3.png

minecraft.png