Jump to content
Vultima

Website Revamp - Post any issues here

Recommended Posts

Hi all, you may have noticed the website has a slight overhaul, apologies for people's default theme being switched, so if you would like to use any themes that were previously available feel free to switch back, however, the default theme (Titan) and IPS Support are the 2 most consistent themes we have in terms of rendering things on the screen correctly, with IPS support being better for mobile/tablet viewing as part of responsive design.

 

If anyone has any issues with any of the themes could you please post here with the following...

 

Device and browser used where the problem occurs

iPhone 7 - Safari and Chrome

Desktop PC - Firefox

Theme Name

The theme name, if you're not sure just describe the colors or make sure you attach a screenshot

Description of problem

I have a problem with...make sure its descriptive enough to get to the route of the problem, if the description isn't detailed enough and a screenshot has not been used together, it will be hard to find out what you are on about, so if its hard to explain, just attach a screenshot.

Screenshot of problem(optional)

9650.jpg?width=545

 

Current Ongoing Issues:
-Titan theme not usable via mobile view

- Polls = rip

- TS3 and Discord server info somewhere?

- Potential issue with black background and 13px

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when you use Rencorner without desktop view: 

- Android phone

- i used Google Chrome

- i dont use any plugins/tools or whatever

- phone is not jailbreak/cracked

any other infos needed?

 

Screenshot_2018-02-03-22-24-13-675_com.a

Edited by rackz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mdogg1108 said:

Can you make the new theme work on my iPhone? The other one makes me want to jump off a cliff

try desktop view for now. it works great for me :Heheheh:

anyweay i just updated my first post.

Edited by rackz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mdogg1108 said:

Can you make the new theme work on my iPhone? The other one makes me want to jump off a cliff

I could but its a very tedious task and it will take ages, busy with work this week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Footer looks stock vanilla
  2. Theme has really large default text, had to back it out to 80% zoom on my desktop using Chrome. Is it supposed to be this way?
  3. Otherwise looks good, great job Vult

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good grief.

Ok so who's the wiseguy for painting the forums..eh......hmmmm.

Yeah I like it carry on btw, looks cool. Now it looks more of a gaming forum.:av-750:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new forum turns capital letters into lowercase when you send a message in the shoutbox.

It also makes it unable to watch youtube vidoes apparently. I sent it 3 times and none worked(leads to This video is Unavailable). Can't be the link itself because you can open it when sharing it somewhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WNxH3adSh00t said:

The new forum turns capital letters into lowercase when you send a message in the shoutbox.

It also makes it unable to watch youtube vidoes apparently. I sent it 3 times and none worked(leads to This video is Unavailable). Can't be the link itself because you can open it when sharing it somewhere else.

Fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, creed3020 said:
  1. Footer looks stock vanilla
  2. Theme has really large default text, had to back it out to 80% zoom on my desktop using Chrome. Is it supposed to be this way?
  3. Otherwise looks good, great job Vult

 

1. Fixed

2. What resolution are you using, this is pretty normal text for websites.

3. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mdogg1108 @Manuel857 @rackz

I have disabled responsive view for the Titan theme as its unusable anyway so if you want to use it, you'll automatically be in desktop view now.

 

However do have a solution for you now, if you want a dark non-blinding theme that full works via smaller viewport devices, use 'Animate', it's not a polished though its just a workaround, but at least you won't be blinded by white when using it, I also just realised Id been telling you guys to use IPS Support but it wasn't visible apart from anyone apart from admins...my bad.

 

So in summary:

Desktop Users: Titan(Default), but you can use anything
Mobile Users: Animate/IPS Support/Minimalist White

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, it loads very quickly now here too.

 

I'm trying to view this topic but it gives me an error (desktop-firefox if it matters):

image.png

 

And I just discovered you can paste an image from your clipboard and it is automatically uploaded :o nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Itai795 said:

Yep, it loads very quickly now here too.

 

I'm trying to view this topic but it gives me an error (desktop-firefox if it matters):

image.png

 

And I just discovered you can paste an image from your clipboard and it is automatically uploaded :o nice

1

Just figured it out, its topic with polls in it which are broken. Use different themes for now if you want to view topics with polls, il sort it out later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good work Vultima, for the 1st time in about 2 years since Rob updated the forums it seems to be running great.  Is there a way to add the post count to each post, we had it back in the old forum, it would make it easier to cite a post when someone want to direct another to a particular post in a topic.  Thanks again for doing this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joetorp said:

Good work Vultima, for the 1st time in about 2 years since Rob updated the forums it seems to be running great.  Is there a way to add the post count to each post, we had it back in the old forum, it would make it easier to cite a post when someone want to direct another to a particular post in a topic.  Thanks again for doing this.

Im not exactly sure what you mean, do you mean a way in which you can click on it, and it will grab the link and direct the user straight to the post within the topic?

 

http://rencorner.com/index.php?/topic/12048-website-revamp-post-any-issues-here/&do=findComment&comment=90211

 

If so just right click at the top of the top where it says "Posted just now" or rather "Posted x hours ago", and copy link address, I could probably add a dedicated button for it if you're on about that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×