TheRobloxBloxa

[Windows] [1.11] How to Install Optifine and Faithful for Minecraft

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

While browsing through the forums I noticed that Skyguy had made a tutorial for the installation of Faithful and Optifine for Minecraft 1.9. As most of you know, we're now in 1.11. The installation instructions haven't changed too much but, I believe I have a much simpler method of installing Optifine and Faithful. I will include the installation of Minecraft Forge to simplify installing future mods. I plan to update this tutorial for future versions of Minecraft if I need to. Credit to Skyguy92 for the idea of this post!

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What is Optifine and what does it do?

A: Optifine is a Minecraft mod that increases your FPS, comes with CTM (Connected Textures Mod) right out of the box and allows you to zoom in.

Q: What is Faithful?

A: Faithful is a extremely popular Minecraft resource pack that makes the game look a lot better. (Screenshots: 1 2 3  4 - Best Screenshot)

Q: What is Minecraft Forge?

A: Minecraft Forge is a modification to Minecraft that allows the installation of other mods.

Tutorial:

Download the following files (These are direct links, they will automatically download): Minecraft Forge (Release 13.20.0.2228), Optifine HD Ultra B8 and Faithful Vanilla 32x.

Optifine:

1. Hit the Windows key and "R" at the same time. The Run dialog should appear. Type downloads and click "OK"
  2. Your downloads folder should appear. Find and run the Forge installer. (forge-1.11.2-13.2.0.0.2228-installer.jar This window will appear:

EpFh99Y.png

Uncheck the box called "Mercurius." The average user won't need to change anything but the Mercurius box. Press "OK" and wait for it to install.
  3. Find and run the Optifine installer (OptiFine_1.11.2_HD_U_B8.jar) in your downloads. This window will appear:

Vgkk6UX.png

Simply click "Install" and allow it to load.
  4. Open the Minecraft Launcher. Click the arrow next to "PLAY" and find and select the new profile called "Optifine."

7NwmQym.png

Press play. (Minecraft may take longer to launch with mods installed.)

You have successfully installed Optifine!

Faithful:

Hit the Windows key and "R" at the same time. The Run dialog should appear. Type downloads and click "OK." Your downloads folder should appear. Find Faithful (Faithful 1.11.2-rv4.zip). Open the run dialog again (Win Key + R) and type "%appdata%/.minecraft/resourcepacks/" Move both File Explorer windows next to each other and drag the Faithful zip file into the resource packs folder.

wnVI27D.png

Launch Minecraft Go to Options > Resource Packs hover over "Faithful" and press the arrow pointing right. Then click "Done." Important: The game may freeze after pressing done. DO NOT CLICK THE DONE BUTTON REPEATEDLY, YOU MAY CRASH MINECRAFT
iGRnA8z.png

You have successfully installed Faithful!

Troubleshooting:

Issue: When I went to download the jar files, I got a message saying that the files will harm my computer!

Solution: You're most likely on Chrome, the message says the files can harm you computer, not that they will. The reason it said this was because jar files have a history of being used for bad intentions. Chrome is just warning you that if you downloaded a jar and you're not sure it's safe, it could harm your computer. I assure you these files are 100% safe and if you don't trust me then check out VirusTotal. VirusTotal uses over 50 antiviruses to scan a file and make sure it's safe.

Edited by TheRobloxBloxa

I still don't know why skyguy92 ever made that post in the first place. I am sorry if I am being negative but can't people just google this if they need to know.  Why is it here

23 hours ago, Fantasticfuzzy said:

I still don't know why skyguy92 ever made that post in the first place. I am sorry if I am being negative but can't people just google this if they need to know.  Why is it here

A lot of people can't figure it out even with Google. Even if they do, it's common to download the mod from a 3rd party and end up with a load of malware.

Wowza. Fuzzy is just salty...

8 hours ago, Skyguy92 said:

lol Why is he salty?

21 hours ago, Skyguy92 said:

I am not salty just think it can be done on google, but I do agree there are a lot of third party sites 

Having access to information is a good thing, no matter what...
It is Minecraft related and this forum is a great place to find it.  Remember we are a community...We help each other.