ice187dna

Random Illustrator Work

9 posts in this topic

Just doing this for a University project. I started it and never got round to finishing it, well I did but I did an epic fail. I even had to animate it and omg it is shocking bad, the whole composition was wrong and yeah it rendered out really, really bad. I picked a name for the game which is this "Cosmic Rocket" and this is done in illustrator.

Final_Logo_Screen.jpg

Space Rocket_Asset.jpg My rocket.

Screen Capture #065.png

A space themed background I did in Photoshop last year (my first one).

Screen Capture #157.jpg

My second space themed background I did but it was too realistic for the project.

I'll be adding my drawings, more illustrator work soon!

The rocket could use a bit of realism tbh. I like the space backgrounds, very detailed.

The assets are for a 2D app game, that's why they are not looking that real. It is a stylized cartoon look aimed at a younger target audience.

Oh, I see. Good luck with the app.

making a 3d model and paint it makes alot difference (depends on how you render it) so you could take frames from all the rendered stuff 

Right, from not so good drawings to illustrator to the final product. I've ran out of time now to polish up on anything else so next two days is basic animation. 

Screen Capture #156.jpgPlanets.jpgScreen Capture #163.jpgIcons 2.1.jpgScreen Capture #165.jpgScreen Capture #197.jpgScreen Capture #199.jpg

Final Image

Screen Capture #200.jpg

1 person likes this

I like the color contrast :D

Oooh, good stuff! The only thing I have to say is that the image doesn't look very spacious... Some of the spaceships are bigger than the planets, and i'm saying this because if the planets are supposed to look like they're at a distance, well then I can't see it. So, I guess a good idea would be to make the planets look more distant, but i'm not sure how... Try placing them behind the fog, and experiment a bit on the lighting on the edges?

Edited by Learonys