ice187dna

PC Gamer talks Command and Conquer.

21 posts in this topic

Well believe it or not Command and Conquer has just been mentioned again in PC Gamer. The article is about the worse and best ranked game in the franchise. Sorry no spoilers...you will have to read it for yourself.

Further reading can be found by clicking on this -----> PC Gamer/Command and Conquer

Do you agree with the order or do you have your own personal worse to best rank? Post your comments below.

1 person likes this

Not a bad ranking. I would've obviously put renegade way higher but also cc3 which I really enjoyed. No discussion 1bout his first ranked game though. Nice read thanks for sharing! 

I think Renegade due to it's game play.  Being part of an army vs commanding an army is very different kind of thinking.  I think the only one I didn't play was Tiberium Twilight.

The 1st C&C and Red Alert were labor intensive, no automatic tank building.  Red Alert - A path beyond, was great.

My top list would go Red Alert 2, general's/ zero hour, Renegade, Tiberian sun and then the original. Twilight was just shit. I played it for around a couple of hours and said nope.

felt like the author didn't play renegade mp tbh

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, ehh said:

felt like the author didn't play renegade mp tbh

+100

He didn't mention Tiberium Sun Firestorm, which I thought was better than TS.  I met Zendofu2 playing Firestorm, We have played together since 1998 on Firestorm, Renegade and Minecraft.

i miss zend pming me saying he's recording me cheating

bless the old man

I actually agree with the ranking. Renegade isn't a great game, it's just more conducive to online multiplayer than the rest, so has lasted longer.

I never played any of the other ones  :Grrr:

although i must say the amount of teamwork required in renegade beats them all for me. 

depends how he's ranked it, renegades single player could make it tank a lot, the rts single players were pretty good imo, far better then renegades xd

You're all thinking about Renegade as we know it. Stock Renegade multiplayer is pretty dry.

1 person likes this

Stock multi player was and is very decent. You need to remember that all games were a bit slower back in the days.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I think the reviewer put it best as "While it was certainly a flawed game..." because god knows it is!

I agree it had bugs and flaws. While this can be annoying it didn't break the game for me. 

shows how good it was, if people played with bluehell for 5-8 years :>

iuno what to say if you think the mods mpf, atomix, rencorner and numerous servers used made it better? lol

20 hours ago, Goztow said:

I agree it had bugs and flaws. While this can be annoying it didn't break the game for me. 

Oh I completely agree. After all, I'm still playing it 15 odd years later...

13 hours ago, ehh said:

shows how good it was, if people played with bluehell for 5-8 years :>

iuno what to say if you think the mods mpf, atomix, rencorner and numerous servers used made it better? lol

I've always been supportive of conservative mods, not the ones you see that completely change the game. Our server at the moment for example, I don't think is over the top but does patch a lot of flaws the original game had, and makes it better.

mods like pointsfix and infinite ammo are good.

but buying a medium tank when your wf is dead and buying ramjets on hotwites, so your harder to hit is dumb imo

Pointfix...Another one of Spoony's long and winded debates on Jelly.  I think the point fix sucked.

not perfect, but far better than pointbug.

lol im getting credits and points for doing no damage LOL

Obviously I dont agree with their ranking on Renegade. RA2 was good but didnt deserve the spot they gave it imo. Also Generals belongs near the bottom with the EA bs.

point bug is the only way to go in a real fight. 120 credits shooting harv armor with soldier on an opening rush opens some powerful strategies, especially if you couldnt get the yellow box