Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
masscarriers

Regular Sunday funwars

21 posts in this topic

A few people have expressed their will to see 3v3 or 4v4 funwars organized every now and then, we did it a few times already but without any form of planning on the forums I quickly found that people didn't show up by themselves on TS most of the time. Also, I feel advertising on the mara server  for a player or two in the funwar is quite rude for the rest of the people and drives the player count down. Bottom line is : it needs to be somewhat organized in advance or it's a pain to organize, and since a bunch of those players visit the forums this can be a good place to see if 1) there's something planned any given week and 2) If some players are willing to take part in it at that specific time.

Now I know we need at least a mod among these players for every event to change maps, reorganize teams and move people in TS, and I'm not able to attend every week for sure. Among those who I know enjoy these funwars @StJohn Gumby@mdogg1108@Manuel857@Goztow@BeerBaron

This topic will serve as a hub for people to know what happens and which one from the mod team is able to make it happen. As people will take part and look forward for those events, they'll figure out eventually to look on the forums even if they didn't before and hopefully have organized matches more often. I know the timing isn't perfect considering we're counting days before Christmas and NYE, both of which happen to be on week-ends, but we can probably round up people for an event or two in between that still.

This may be a futile attempt to make things happen, but it's still better than just telling you people ingame that I've got no idea what's going on :P

Ive been often in TS (in the summer time) but only 1-2 peoples showed up (im talking about weekend times where the playercount is high). And the onlyone of you guys ive met was Gozy. Im not interessted in a 3vs3 or 4vs4, but if theres some activity in TS now i might pop up again (or even play a funwar if you need me).

Regarding this topic, it would be cool to have some kind of News above or under the shoutbox tab wich is clearly visible (not sure if thats possible)

Edited by rackz

Yeah I was thinking also of some automsgs on the server that we could adapt for the dates.

1 person likes this

I'm down to take part. I can also try to rally up my iB- friends ;]

Maybe change the title to weekend fun wars, as Saturday's are usually a good day for most as well. 

Edited by mdogg1108

Some thoughts:

* I don't use RC TS because when I used to go on it, it was a very unwelcoming environment. Some of the people who cause this may be less around nowadays, I may try again

* Unlike the old days, I just cannot commit. I have two kids and a wife that may need my attention / time nowadays. So yes I can try to be there, I cannot promise anything

* Server issues are so frustrating. Unless I get mod / admin powers on the clanwar server, setup correctly with a rotation and a password and that can be netered through WOL or renlist it won't see me. I'm too sick and tired of 1h trying to get everyone in a server just to play a map, then people leave

* time zones. TIME ZONES. Get them right. Find the correct time for every major city in Europe and the US

* I have christmas holidays like most of u do. Try to get it going on the 27th or 28th. Bigger chance of success

Saturday funwars sounds good. (but this saturday i have no time, i might popup tomorrow).

For the timezone thing, we just need to focus on a specific time like US or EU time for example. Like we always pick US time 8pm, so you can easyly remember what time it is in your country as gozy said.

I JUST HOPE YOU HAVE GOOD MICROPHONES lol

Edited by rackz

Saturday is good yeah, I said Sunday solely because we've been having these games on Sundays lately. I like specific time for a given zone, that would be the same all the time. For instance it could be Eastern US 2PM (Toronto/New-York), Pacific 11AM (LA), 7PM UK (London) and 8PM EU time (France/Belgium/Germany...).

Use this tool to figure where is your city compared to the other time zones https://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/

The reason I'm making this topic Gozy is exactly because I'm in a similar situation and cannot commit as well. If people want to enjoy organized games again we need only need a single mod to arrange it. Obviously all mods have full mod powers on the server, and lately we didn't have people having trouble finding it and joining.

As for TS, it's much better than it used to be so be free to hop back in when you see us ;)

Well, for the timerzone/time thing. A countdown on the forum would be much easyer... so we could even pick other times aswell without calculating... its up to the forum possibilitys. Maybe theres a external website for these kind of stuff (like pastebin to share programing code etc.)

If you teach me / give me permission over changing things in the comm server and I'm around, I will gladly help people doing fun wars

Im now really getting interessted in funwars. We could even have some kind of a countdown in the server that randomly makes a host message telling the peoples how much time is left to join the event. Just wondering, are those funwars password protected? is TS a must have? (i use TS for sure). Are there any rules?

I'll add an auto message on the server about weekly funwwars saturdays and sundays 2PM EST, 11AM PST

Twice per week is too often. Once is good. The countdown is a good idea. Plz link me to info about irc access etc to the clanwar server.

12 hours ago, Goztow said:

Some thoughts:

* I don't use RC TS because when I used to go on it, it was a very unwelcoming environment. Some of the people who cause this may be less around nowadays, I may try again

* Unlike the old days, I just cannot commit. I have two kids and a wife that may need my attention / time nowadays. So yes I can try to be there, I cannot promise anything

* Server issues are so frustrating. Unless I get mod / admin powers on the clanwar server, setup correctly with a rotation and a password and that can be netered through WOL or renlist it won't see me. I'm too sick and tired of 1h trying to get everyone in a server just to play a map, then people leave

* time zones. TIME ZONES. Get them right. Find the correct time for every major city in Europe and the US

* I have christmas holidays like most of u do. Try to get it going on the 27th or 28th. Bigger chance of success

I believe the password has been the same for quite a while now. The server title could be something amongst the lines of: Sat 14EST funwars, pass on TS.

If nobody tells the password, people without teamspeak cannot join the server, shaving off the people that would only become a nuisance during the games. This also incentivizes getting on TS earlier, so you don't have to wait for players as long (hopefully)

Not sure when the funwar starts? time.is/EST , count down the hours until the games for your time zone yourself, instead of having to use confusing tables all the time, and saves the mods a lot of work. A countdown could also work.

Real life always comes first off course!

i'll try to remember to get on TS on sundays but it'd be ezier just to page me on irc if you want me for a game

I am very interested in funwar. Just like goztow I have had less than pleasurable experiences on ts ( years ago/ different server)  and swore I would never use again. I wish I could remember who recently bugged me to join so I could thank them. The guys/girls who have been there are respectful and helpful. So I would like to thank the players and admins who make the game I love better and encourage others to join.  

2 people like this

If I am ever online, I will set up fun wars. I know how to change maps and stuff now :D. Only issue is the server doesn't recognize me as a moderator, and it's annoying going to IRC >.>

Make fun wars great again!

iB =D

Have you agreed a date and time for this? I speak for me and quite a few of the OS guys still active that we would be totally up for participating in this

We have Me, Ruben, Tomo, Manuel, Chris, Nick, Moeze is making a return too, and a certain Gorilla when it's feeding time at the zoo

I don't have a specific day and time for you. If one is posted I will do my best to make it. Mdogg, I did not know it was that much trouble for you. You did a great job and I thank you sir.

7 hours ago, NeoNBreeze said:

Have you agreed a date and time for this? I speak for me and quite a few of the OS guys still active that we would be totally up for participating in this

We have Me, Ruben, Tomo, Manuel, Chris, Nick, Moeze is making a return too, and a certain Gorilla when it's feeding time at the zoo

lol

Posted (edited)

im gonna join as well thanks to mdogg telling me  what fun wars was about love to play see y'all on saturday!

Edited by cazembe