Skyguy92

Remove /fly and restore backup.

19 posts in this topic

Ok, after the crap that was my first post. I’ve decided to rewrite.

After enabling fly on the server, I haven’t been very happy. Survival has gotten way too easy. I remember the days of which I used to grind to get what fly can get us in an instant. I have a few points I would like to share, and some solutions too. My main solution is to load the backup from thanksgiving;  and start new with fly. My solution is to make Survival great again. (hahahaha, get it Trump? Ok.. Bye.) But I think a better solution is to only enable fly in your claims.

My main reason to change fly is the whole point of survival. Survival is where you have to survival and fight against mobs, if you can just fly and skip the mobs what's the point? Another thing about survival is that how ever far you go, is how ever far you want to go, traveling has gotten easy. In a few hours I was able to get myself to 500k in the end and the overworld I believe is 50k by 50k this gets really easy and you can go anywhere, and you don't have to walk and sometimes that's when survival is the most fun. Fending off mobs, and traveling with awesome music, and just grinding it out. My next topic will be the end.

The end has gotten too easy to, I remember fighting the dragon people said “WTF, already in the end?” it felt good, fighting the dragon took sometime. With fly the whole point of the towers are removed, you can just break the crystal. End temples, I also remember grinding for end temples. They were fun and uncommon, but with fly as I experimented you could find 6 in no time at all. It’s removed the point and fun of stumbling across a end temple, looking up and seeing a maze of bridges and towers; you then prepare for the fall damage. You slowly walk up the temple and dye a few times because of levitation, you finally bridge to the boat after spending so long, your loot and elytra are waiting. This felt good. But if you can skip the whole point of the temple, the skulkers and going straight for the loot, what fun is that?

My last point is mending. Mending has gotten way too easy to get. I remembered building villager breeders and finding the mending villager and screaming. I also got grounded because of that too. But besides that Fuzzy and I spent hours walking and elytra-ing to towers, looting, and running and then getting Full Mending. Now you can get an overabundance of it in the end temples because with fly they are so common.

This is my reasons of why we should fix fly, and change it. I have seen other faction servers have it only so you can fly in your claims. This removes the problem of the end temples and keeps things fairly legit with mending and all. So that's my reasons. Have a good day.

Edited by Skyguy92

Thank you for your input, wool will know if allowing /fly in one player's claim only is feasible.  The other thing I have to say is, you don't have to /fly, and it is available for trusted and above.  If you are new to the server, you don't get /fly unless you apply for trusted and I have a 3 day wait period before one gets trusted, so that means they have to play for 3 days first.  I am trying to think of ways to get players in the server.  I have been pleading for someone to make a video since I got to be admin, but can't seem to get 1 made. 

I came up with another idea. Buy it in-game for x price with ingame cash. Plus I could work on one now in the meantime we have fly.

Edited by Skyguy92

You are just bubbling with ideas, keep them coming.

imo fly is good in the overworld and nether, one point sky had that i believe needs to be adressed is fly in the end to go from fortress to fortress, its easy enough to get full diamond p4 in minutes using this, maybe not allow fly in the end? or make it only in your claims in the end as this would make it harder to fly from fortress to fortress

in the overworld/nether i dont see many problems with fly being allowed everywhere, as joe said its the players choice whether to enable it or not and they can toggle whenever they want

I agree with hedge, in the overworld there is really no problem with them using fly and I think that would attract more players to the server but in the end I do feel like it is just too op and can be very badly abused 

Here is what will be changed if we allow /fly in the claims only:

Creative Claims Mode

GriefPrevention.Claims.CreativeRulesWorlds is the list of worlds where players additionally follow creative-mode rules. In these worlds, players can only build in areas they've claimed, and they're limited in how many entities (monsters, animals, etc) they can spawn in their claims. Also TNT doesn't explode terrain, and any unclaimed blocks will be automatically restored (/restorenature). There are more rules than these, but those are the most important and most noticeable. See below for more.

How is creative GP different from survival GP? The following additional rules apply:

• Players can't build in the wilderness. They must claim land first, and build there. When they try to build in the wilderness, they will get an error message which includes a link to a short creative-mode-specific demo video. Because players have unlimited blocks and the ability to fly, any griefer would be able to make a huge mess very quickly without this rule in place.
  • When blocks are unclaimed, they are reverted back to a natural state (the build disappears).
  • Because a griefer might want to make a temporarily claim just to build something awful and then unclaim it, any unclaimed blocks will be automatically cleaned-up. Players get a warning about this when they unclaim blocks, and have a couple of minutes to undo their changes in response.
  • Empty minecarts which are in motion will be automatically removed. This prevents griefers from building huge tracks with lots of carts just to drag server performance. Note that a rollercoaster is fine - the minecart just has to stop at the end and wait for a player to start it again.
  • There's a limit to the total number of entities (animals, NPCs, minecarts) in a claim, which grows based on the size of the claim. This prevents entity spam.
  • It's not hard to get an entity you create IN your claim OUT of your claim. To prevent griefers from working around the above rule, any minecarts not on tracks, empty boats, and animals/NPCs in the wilderness will be automatically removed. Griefers may think they're succeeding for a short while, but in reality, all their work will disappear after they've gone. Note players can still enjoy boating - but if they leave empty boats lying about, those will be automatically removed.
  • The only way to spawn an animal/monster/NPC is to use a spawner egg or construct a golem.
  • It's not possible to toss items on the ground. When blocks are destroyed, they don't drop items.
  • TNT doesn't destroy blocks.

If you'd like to lock down a creative world such that players build in plots you specify, then you can disable claims as described above, and use /transferclaim with /adminclaims to create claims for players in exactly the locations you want them.

I am not sure about the conditions, I don't want creative menu in survival

3 hours ago, Joetorp said:

When blocks are destroyed, they don't drop items.

would that eliminate the point of searching for iron/diamonds underground?

2 hours ago, Charre said:

would that eliminate the point of searching for iron/diamonds underground?

Probably, it is a problem cuz they said player has unlimited blocks, that ain't gonna happen in survival.

Well. Cant you just do per-world permissons. overworld and nether has fly. not the end!

I am getting annoyed, if it bothers you so much that you have to bitch about it, yet you guys are the one's exploiting it then just stop flying in the end!  I realize it creates a problem, but you ain't the only ones who have /fly.  Me, wool, warlord, lizto, fuzzy, and hedgehog all have /fly, I don't believe we have gone around taking all the stuff from the end.  (Have we fuzzy?)

Sometimes just cuz you can doesn't mean you should!  I got an idea, skyguy, just stay the hell out of the end and avoid temptation or if you must go, then do not /fly.  It pisses me off that you guys won't stop collecting shit until you have it all, and there is nothing left for any one else.  Then you come and post about how unfair it is or too op, AFTER you guys exploited it.  You ain't posting cuz there is a problem, you are posting to keep others from doing it.  You have already done it. 

I am gonna tell you the reason why I had a policy in the past of not having 12 year olds as mods, it is precisely because of this.  You ain't smart enough yet or mature enough to control  your ego and you won't differentiate between letting someone else share in the bounty and you wanting it all!  Case in point, fuzzy said he had 6 elytra wings, why, i ask.  He has /fly as a mod, why on God's earth does he need 6 wings?  Greed, and selfishness, are the answers, if he has them no one else will have them.  Also he can give them away and make himself out to be the good guy.  Just my opinion, but I have seen it time and again with you guys,  You go for excess, you gotta have the most, gotta have the best enchantments, gotta have all the temples, gotta have all the spawners in the nether, it is all bullshit that you youngsters go thru.  You don't care about anyone but you.  Fuck the rest of the players if they don't have blaze spawners cuz you tried to take it by breaking it. Too bad...

3 people like this

.. our original plan was to sell them except we got tangled up in other projects. anyhow I havent broke a single damn spawner. I told tre that we should keep them and we did. We came back from summer the farm was gone and thats ok. Next wth are we suppose to do with our time? Make extreme farms be that masters of survival? Skylord if you had pvelord that would be us. All i want and as cam has started to state. itsnot fun. people can get overpowered way to fast. I want the best experince for the players. We sure did loot a damn good amount of temples. I just havent gotton around to selling anything. Except we looted temples with elytras. Fuzzy has never used fly for pve at all when only he had it. Im just irritated that we spent so much time for something that people can get so easy now. As soon as I get home ill start selling stuff. Im starting to hold off on the opness and get back into the really nice building stuff. But if you want to go give the players GOD teir items themn go ahead. Let them get end game using fly. Let them practically quit the server faster. They wont have any good memorys like stumbling across a temple after wandering forever. Go ahead and you still havent replied to my kitpvp post. Honestly I guess Ill stop bitchimg about it. Ill.leave it up to you Joe to decide I just wanted to point out how overpowered this can be.

Some of my comments were not directed at you personally, it was an observation over the 2+ years I have been admin.  Don't get your panties in a wad! Remember, I am 50+ years older than you, I have seen what I mentioned as a trend with players under 15.  I am talking with wool on disabling /fly in the end, it is not an easy task.  Last night I thought we could do it using world guard, but there is no flag for fly, Wool said it can be done in pex but she said it will be a pain to do.  I have an idea, use your server and see if you can disable fly in the end, then let me know how you did it.

On 11/26/2016 at 2:59 PM, Skyguy92 said:

I came up with another idea. Buy it in-game for x price with ingame cash. Plus I could work on one now in the meantime we have fly.

See if you can do that on your server.

Ok, I got the permissons done.

First do /pex group trusted remove essentials.fly

Then /pex group trusted add essentials.fly world

And /pex group trusted add essentials.fly world_nether

It doesnt work in the End

Ok, it should be set, let me know.

You can do it the way he explained it or you can use worldguard to (dis)allow certain commands through the region flags.