BeerBaron

Pimp Weapons

82 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, shaitan said:

They aren't as good as you think, I was using them religiously a few days in a row. Alot of times it wouldn't even fire, the rest was trying to dodge team tanks (you get one shot). Quite abit the tank I'd be repairing would end up dead...unless I swapped to the normal rep gun. 

Mostly the strategy is if your in a position that requires some distance from the tank your repairing, thats what its for. This way you dont have to worry about ever dying due to splash damage. But with a 10k price tag I doubt we will even see this gun being used much at all in comparison to tge much cheaper srep

They are not as reliable as the srep, srep could have a lot more repped by the time pimp repair gun reloads. 10K is way too much for what it is, imo pimp rockets and pimp grenade launcher should cost more than this tool

Edited by dubstar

5 hours ago, dubstar said:

They are not as reliable as the srep, srep could have a lot more repped by the time pimp repair gun reloads. 10K is way too much for what it is, imo pimp rockets and pimp grenade launcher should cost more than this tool

They will go up, just haven't gotten to it...still waiting to see if there's any fallback(shitstorm) ingame.

1 person likes this

55 minutes ago, BeerBaron said:

Pimp Repairs will also disarm 90% of a beacon.

Yea just remove pimp repair. Im gonna post a video in probably one hour when im back home, showing the real strenght of a pimp repair gun. /wich definitely sucks :P

On 10/26/2016 at 1:13 PM, Theboy said:

Exactly which means I can become an op tank by giving myself a huge health jump every 3-5 seconds...

That is not a good thing.

Checkout the Obelisk healthbar:

1 person likes this

Yeah the repairgun is very strong. In my opinion its too powerfull if more then one guy owns one. Same for the pimped rocketluncher in tunnels.

Pimped guns should spawn randomly again.

3 people like this

Is 2016 and people still don't know how to drive tanks.

Psst: It's backwards :v

10 minutes ago, WNxH3adSh00t said:

Is 2016 and people still don't know how to drive tanks.

Psst: It's backwards :v

ehhh dont ya see, we were late lol

9 hours ago, golf2107 said:

Pimped guns should spawn randomly again.

They never stopped

That rush on the OB should have been successful, it looked to be 10+ tanks but at that critical moment it got a bump that was unnatural. If you have pimp rep guns then you need pimp medium tanks...

3 people like this

These weapons have changed the gameplay, get rid of them, imo.

5 people like this

I go by what the majority wants(also by the overall non-reaction), not what the loudest people want when it comes to things like this. That video shows a pimp repair gun being used one time at 0:53, it clearly shows from 0:44 - 1:01(from when you first highlighted the obelisk until your tank died) the majority of the repairing being done was in fact by regular and/or advanced repair guns.

10 hours ago, Joetorp said:

These weapons have changed the gameplay, get rid of them, imo.

You dont even play anymore Joe, they stay. Besides Blacky's worked too hard on that RXD stuff to chop em. (eagerly waiting for City_Flying_RXD)

Pimp repairs are dope, but actually using em has all kinds of drawbacks. I actually do think !srep will repair more over time. 2 full charge and discharges will only heal about 80% of a med while constant !srep was able to bring it to full at 1 point. While the pimp tech is charging, other vehicles can block the beam. Definitely not worth the 9k or w/e their price is at today.

Edited by BeerBaron

2 hours ago, shaitan said:

I go by what the majority wants

ur sure ?

2 people like this

I have played Baron!  just not every day.

The randomly spawning pimp weapons was fine. Making them buyable is a step too far imo.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Joetorp said:

I have played Baron!  just not every day.

[01:49] <BeerBaron> !temprankstats joetorp
[01:49] <RCAOW> There was no rank data found for joetorp.

So far, your losing bad

IDK Gozy, I liked the idea of buying a pimp grenade or a pimp flamer before I made this post. When the prices were actually reasonable. 10k is a player's hole wad of cash after 1hr30m of a game of under, or 15m in a game of islands or complex, or 3 days on snow.

Edited by BeerBaron
1 person likes this

Pimp guns need to stay on the shit map Sand in order to make it less shit. Pimp gums don't need to be anywhere else. I play on RenCorner because it's not some modded shitty version of Renegade like MPF or Imperialage. Keep it as vanilla as possible please 

2 people like this

7 hours ago, ragnaroec said:

ur sure ?

Majority is not a few of you posting all the time. Majority is the ingame players.

How can u be sure about that ? Maybe i missed a ingame poll or something.

my time to play that game is really limited and if i have a little time, i check whats the current map and if all buildings r up before i join the server. I never play Sand or Creekdale for example and now, since pimps r buyable, im trying to avoid playing rxd maps too. not much left to join what i prefere to play - sad.

this is just my situation and i know that im not the majority :D